Search found 832 matches

by ptolemyx
Oct 12th, '19, 15:45
Forum: Bike Banter
Topic: Bike Safe
Replies: 8
Views: 88

Re: Bike Safe

That's the bit that concerns me. The bumf and website info' states keeping to speed limits. While I do that in 30s and 40s I don't think I can on the open road. Hopefully that's them covering themselves and we can ride normally.....


only kidding hoffisir, honest :twisted:
by ptolemyx
Oct 12th, '19, 05:20
Forum: Bike Banter
Topic: Bike Safe
Replies: 8
Views: 88

Re: Bike Safe

In all seriousity, I really want to see what dangerous bad behaviours (bike riding ones, Nicholas) I have. The other ones, those I'm not aware of.
by ptolemyx
Oct 12th, '19, 05:16
Forum: Bike Banter
Topic: Bike Safe
Replies: 8
Views: 88

Bike Safe

Started legally riding in the road 1971. Passed test 1972. Further training since then by the school of hard knocks - been lucky with that. At last I'm going on a Bike Safe day down Exeter tomorrow...

I'll then give you my assessment of the experts :mrgreen:
by ptolemyx
Oct 6th, '19, 11:33
Forum: Ride Outs
Topic: October 6th
Replies: 28
Views: 430

Re: October 6th

Sorry I missed out on Today. Friend who cares for Jane when I'm out unavailable.
by ptolemyx
Oct 6th, '19, 05:51
Forum: Meets
Topic: Wales 2020 - Fri 19th to Sun 21st June
Replies: 15
Views: 519

Re: Wales 2020 - Fri 19th to Sun 21st June

Roads likely to include:-
panorama2 web1600.jpg
panorama1 web1600.jpg
Wales 1 web1600.jpg
by ptolemyx
Oct 6th, '19, 05:49
Forum: Ride Outs
Topic: Sunday 20th October - 11.00 start!!
Replies: 13
Views: 317

Re: Sunday 20th October - 11.00 start!!

Will be riding back from another weekend reconnoitering the roads in Wales, this time with the B-King posse of curmudgeonly old farts :D
by ptolemyx
Oct 2nd, '19, 10:03
Forum: Ride Outs
Topic: October 6th
Replies: 28
Views: 430

Re: October 6th

90% of a pass in the bag. A few more favours and grovelling might get me the other 10% needed so weather dependant you'll probably have to put up with me again :mrgreen:

Saying weather dependant, it wasn't brilliant last Sunday but we had a cracking ride :D
by ptolemyx
Sep 29th, '19, 16:28
Forum: Ride Outs
Topic: Sunday September 29th LATER START 1.00p.m.
Replies: 43
Views: 988

Re: Sunday September 29th LATER START 1.00p.m.

Was a good 'un. The three "pensioners in denial" and one young gun took the chance. Bit of drizzle and winds up top o' Exmoor and due care given to the crap on the roads. Then roads got better and weather improved (could have sworn we saw a couple of blue bits above) for fun :twisted: from Barnstabu...
by ptolemyx
Sep 29th, '19, 05:11
Forum: Ride Outs
Topic: Sunday September 29th LATER START 1.00p.m.
Replies: 43
Views: 988

Re: Sunday September 29th

RIDE WILL GO AHEAD BUT WITH LATER START TIME

1:00 after the noon
TIVERTON MORRISONS 1:00 p.m.
by ptolemyx
Sep 28th, '19, 16:36
Forum: Ride Outs
Topic: Sunday September 29th LATER START 1.00p.m.
Replies: 43
Views: 988

Re: Sunday September 29th

As of 17:33 Saturday I'm 90% sure to be at the start at 08.30 with wattypoofs on :-bd Route will be modified to suit the conditions - no green laning this time :mrgreen:

As above, please check in the morning in case I do postpone :roll:
by ptolemyx
Sep 28th, '19, 05:32
Forum: Ride Outs
Topic: Sunday September 29th LATER START 1.00p.m.
Replies: 43
Views: 988

Re: Sunday September 29th

Usual thing......IF it's peeing down when I check at 06.30 in the morning and doesn't look like it'll clear I'll cancel.

SO PLEEEEEASE check here before leaving
by ptolemyx
Sep 28th, '19, 05:26
Forum: Say hello
Topic: hi , All.
Replies: 12
Views: 270

Re: hi , All.

Come on the ride out tomorrow and we'll drool over your bike and introduce you to some of the gang:-

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=99970
by ptolemyx
Sep 27th, '19, 12:20
Forum: Mechanical
Topic: Re-Jetting Carbs Question - Yamaha XVS650
Replies: 6
Views: 304

Re: Re-Jetting Carbs Question - Yamaha XVS650

Get in touch with the manufacturer of the pipes. IF it needs rejetting they should know and be able to recommend what jets to use. I'd guess the "limiter" screw is the idle adjustment screw. Being a low state of tune motor you probably don't need to fiddle with the carb's other than perhaps adjust t...
by ptolemyx
Sep 26th, '19, 05:25
Forum: Ride Outs
Topic: Sunday September 29th LATER START 1.00p.m.
Replies: 43
Views: 988

Re: Sunday September 29th

So who's coming out to play on Sunday? Weather looks like it'll be better up here than down on the sarf coast.
by ptolemyx
Sep 26th, '19, 05:22
Forum: Latest Information
Topic: happy birthday Bkingalan
Replies: 7
Views: 112

Re: happy birthday Bkingalan

Glad you had a good day pal and belated best wishes. See you soon - p'raps you can come out to play Sunday?