Hydration pack or water bottle?

If you like to get dirty, dusty or just end up buried in a hedge, find it here.
f0zzy
Learner Driver
First Name: Steve

Hydration pack or water bottle?

Post by f0zzy »

First muddy ride coming up Saturday. I have a hydration pack I use on my mountain bike and when snowboarding sometimes.

Do you guys wear body armour and a backpack? I'm wondering if it would be just too restrictive?
Image One day I will be back here...
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Re: Hydration pack or water bottle?

Post by Ming »

Always used a hydration pack on trail rides and still do on road bike rides as I need to drink regularly. Never had a problem with wearing it over body armour and it lends an extra cushion for when you fall off!
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

Yup, Hydration pack every time - far easier to access the mouthpiece at a brief stop than having to remove a rucksack to get to a bottle and then get left behind by everyone while you're putting it away again.
Armour-wise I wear a Forcefield armour top all the time, under an MX jersey when it's warm, and under a bigger textile bike jacket (with its armour removed) when it's cooler. It was pretty chilly with the northerly wind when out on Sunday, but a goretex waterproof jacket (unlined, army surplus jobbie) over the MX jersey kept me at just the right temperature all day - plus it would have kept me dry had it rained, but it didn't.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
Tractorwackyracer
Learner Driver
First Name: mark

Post by Tractorwackyracer »

Hi all due to the weather conditions and the difficulty of some of the lanes and we have a few beginners I am either going to cancel or use a different route what’s everyone thoughts
Tractorwackyracer