Mechanic day - Saturday June 29th

Any General info on Mechanics based on 'all' bikes...

Moderator: Staff

Ruffian
First Name: ian

Re: Mechanic day - Saturday June 29th

Post by Ruffian »

TLS-Moose wrote: Jul 13th, '19, 20:37 Hmmmm ....... I coulda sworn my gpz550 (same basic motor) was mid/high 120's stock and I ended up with mid/high 130's, different needles and the old LeDAir air jet kit in it.
I did have a bag of jets from the 550 (& the Mikuni 34's from the 1100's) but can't put my hands on them at present.
I've got a vacuum tap rebuild kit here too, but can't remember what it's for ......
Hey moose, to be honest you probably have greater knowledge of jetting sizes than me but we were only going by what's in the Haynes manual si supplied.

Any bike this age (1987) has more than likely been opened up a few times at least and especially with the "mods" done to this bike previously and unknown history sometimes you have to fly by the seat of your pants to get a base to start from.

Now it runs without fuel pissing out the carbs and got a throttle response, fuelling can be checked and balanced to find the optimum for this bike.
(Filters and exhaust have been altered since si collected it so may need jets changing anyway)
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"