Ethanol Free Petrol

Any General info on Mechanics based on 'all' bikes...

Moderator: Staff

ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Re: Ethanol Free Petrol

Post by ptolemyx »

The loons are forcing electric on us. All the birds will die from flying into the whirligigs. The worms will die in the cold earth under the solar farm panels. Africa will dissappear as it is mined for the poisonous battery chemicals. The planet will implode into a black hole with all the concrete pumped in the ground used to stop the whirligigs falling over. And we'll still have Boris as our Führer.
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
AndyW
Learner Driver

Post by AndyW »

That's right....but how's about ethanol free petrol?!

Came across this recently:
https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol
Our Synergy Supreme+ 99 petrol has more cleaning power than our regular petrol – and includes molecules whose job it is to reduce the friction in your engine helping the moving parts work more efficiently.*
Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps.
There’s currently no requirement for renewable fuel, like ethanol, to be present in super unleaded petrol although this could change in the future, in which case we would comply with any new legislation.
..... will be my go to for tank fill up before winter hibernation.

11 Advantages and Disadvantages of Ethanol:
https://vittana.org/11-advantages-and-d ... of-ethanol
2. It is a corrosive fuel.
Although pipelines could be used to carry ethanol throughout the country, most of them would need to be retrofitted. Ethanol is highly corrosive because it has an ability to absorb water. That makes it difficult to ship the fuel over long distances unless there are protective technologies incorporated into the distribution networks. Because water is absorbed by this fuel, it can also become contaminated and potentially damage a vehicle that is sitting for too long.
www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
Motorcycle Info Pages
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

But not available in Devon and Cornwall 🙄
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄