Fork help needed

Any General info on Mechanics based on 'all' bikes...

Moderator: Staff

Streetmann
Learner Driver
First Name: Craig

Fork help needed

Post by Streetmann »

I no some of you on here no your stuff and can point out what bolt belongs where , I have a kawasaki z750s 2005 that needs new fork tubes ,it's not the most popular bike so parts cost more and can not even find a used set let alone a good used set I don't mind spending the money just don't want to pay a premium if I don't have to .it was never a top end bike and I'm sure kawasaki chucked it together with parts from other bikes and would not of designed such basic forks just for this bike .my question is does any one on here no what there the same as iv looked at forums and can only seem to find chat about what they have swapped them for ie usd forks ect any help would be appreciated cheers
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Re: Fork help needed

Post by Mervin »

A,M Philpott http://www.pittedforks.co.uk/ will rechrome them for you that maybe a better way to go Billinom8s is the man for suspension on here

wemoto have tubes for £135
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Streetmann
Learner Driver
First Name: Craig

Post by Streetmann »

£295 was the price they gave me for reconditioning I hadn't looked at wemoto thanks mervin
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

The z750s forks were shocking from the start.
I would be looking at upgrading rather than repairing.

Personally I would be looking out for a z750r or zx6r setup. (Will need brakes yokes, wheel and everything but will make a big big difference)

I do think that the z750s forks are very similar to the er6 ones also if memory serves me well.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"