Socket size?

Any General info on Mechanics based on 'all' bikes...

Moderator: Staff

roper
Learner Driver

Socket size?

Post by roper »

I was wondering if anyone would know what size socket I need to remove my rear wheel off my Daytona T595.As it's got a puncture and is stuck in Dobwalls at a mates house and I need to get the wheel off to take it to gupa p.I've taken father in laws sockets which went up to 1,3/4inch and they were to small.So until I can find the right size i'm bike less.Also where would i get such a socket from? Cheers in advance people.
boyscout
Learner Driver

Re: Socket size?

Post by boyscout »

Size is absolutely bloody huge! I'll let you know tonight what size the socket is as I have one for my T595 ( I seem to recall 52mm?). I got it from Halfords but only in the impact driver section (ie it is cast and black as opposed to a chrome vanadium socket from the sockets section)... if you can get to Widwell or to Stonehouse in Plymouth I might be prepared to let you borrow it... but you may have to leave your wife as a deposit :lol:
roper
Learner Driver

Post by roper »

cheers mate,gupa p seemed to think that it was 46mm so i've had to go out and buy a bloody big draper socket set for £75,but the biggest size in there is 46mm so i'm hopping your wrong,if not I would be very grateful if I could borrow it off of you mate,I would be more than willing to leave the wife as a deposit,although i don't think that would fill you with to much confidence that you'd be getting it back :lol:
greg
Learner Driver
First Name: greg

Post by greg »

So Roper, you must be the fellow riding round with the number plate sticker saying 'My other violent slapper is at home'.
boyscout
Learner Driver

Post by boyscout »

Hope you're sorted... checked mine and it is 1" 13/16 which is just a smidge over 46mm... sorry for the bum steer... anyway as long as you're sorted.. if not let me know... it's still here if you need it!
boyscout
Learner Driver

Post by boyscout »

Oh and my socket was a tenner in Halfords! -- ooh that's gotta hurt!
:wink:
roper
Learner Driver

Post by roper »

Cheers boyscout kick a man while he's down (got a cold at the moment as well),but yes all sorted now.
Greg can't be me,mine's the one with " i wish my wife looked& went aswell and was as dirty as this!"
greg
Learner Driver
First Name: greg

Post by greg »

'0-CASUALTY in 2.8 seconds' is the one I'm looking for.