Dead ZXR HELP

Any General info on Mechanics based on 'all' bikes...

Moderator: Staff

dodgy
Learner Driver

Re: Dead ZXR HELP

Post by dodgy »

Everything is seeming to work except occasionally it refuses to start :? put the key in and it's all fine hit the start button and everything goes then wait a couple seconds it all comes back and usually starts that time!

Yea I meant CDI but CDI/ECU same difference lol I have been fiddling around moving the ECU on the ZX12R so I was probably thinking of that sorry :oops:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/dodgy_rider/dodgybanner.jpg[/img]
ZXR400Lee
Learner Driver

Post by ZXR400Lee »

Mine used to be annoying like that, the problem was the neutral starter switch, it was cutting everything out when I pushed the starter button.
Rides: 2020 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT
dodgy
Learner Driver

Post by dodgy »

The what now :oops: how do you fix that?
It's really annoying
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/dodgy_rider/dodgybanner.jpg[/img]
ZXR400Lee
Learner Driver

Post by ZXR400Lee »

Theres a switch attached to underside of the clutch lever, the problem I had was the neutral switch thats behind the sprocket case, that connects to engine, filled with crap, making bad connection and kept falling off, sometimes it would say its in neutral, push the starter and all lights and power go out, take off button and it comes back again.. starts ok if you pull the clutch in.

Well strange, since then I have changed alot of plugs and wiring on the bike to new stuff and have had no electrical problems since.
bikerz
Learner Driver

Post by bikerz »

ZXR400Lee";p="35333 wrote:Theres a switch attached to underside of the clutch lever, the problem I had was the neutral switch thats behind the sprocket case, that connects to engine, filled with crap, making bad connection and kept falling off, sometimes it would say its in neutral, push the starter and all lights and power go out, take off button and it comes back again.. starts ok if you pull the clutch in.

Well strange, since then I have changed alot of plugs and wiring on the bike to new stuff and have had no electrical problems since.
i thourght that imports u had to hold clutch in to start them? so maybe im wrong?my SV400S i have to hold clutch in to start her, thourght this was normal grey bike behaviour so jap law or somthing. So how do i stop it?
ZXR400Lee
Learner Driver

Post by ZXR400Lee »

My bike isnt an import.. you could stop it by removing the little switch from underneath the clutch lever, you just un-plug it.. but then you run the risk of accidentally pressing the starter button with the bike in gear and dropping it on the floor..