Carb bogging

Any General info on Mechanics based on 'all' bikes...

Moderator: Staff

Chris88
Learner Driver
First Name: Christopher

Carb bogging

Post by Chris88 »

Hi everyone

I have an issue here. My venom runs and idles fine and if I'm gentle on the throttle it's fine but if I twist the throttle too fast it cuts out....

What I had change was a main jet from 92 to 100
And Air box removed and put and air cone filter.

Seems like the air goes in too fast?
I did the balance on the 2 screws air and fuel

But still fast throttle cuts out
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass: it's about learning how to ride in the rain!!! :ympeace:
Buggs
Learner Driver
First Name: ross

Re: Carb bogging

Post by Buggs »

Up the pilot and richen the mixture. Assuming its a lean bog not a rich one
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

The venom had issues with the ecu with fueling. There was a recall to sort it out.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Chris88
Learner Driver

Post by Chris88 »

Buggs wrote: Jul 23rd, '19, 09:18 Up the pilot and richen the mixture. Assuming its a lean bog not a rich one
How do I know the difference?
Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass: it's about learning how to ride in the rain!!! :ympeace:
Buggs
Learner Driver
First Name: ross

Post by Buggs »

Your plug will tell you, likely lean tho if you've put a pod on,
Chris88
Learner Driver

Post by Chris88 »

Look at my plug today looks lean side
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

That looks a tad lean. Not surprising with a bigger main, no air box and a cone filter. Try winding out the air screw by one full turn from standard, if no better - or worse, wind it in by one full turn from standard; whichever way makes an improvement, however slight, shows you're on the right track. You'll almost certainly have to richen the mixture screw, but adjust each setting in turn before balancing out - you may end up having to lower the needle height too.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Chris88
Learner Driver

Post by Chris88 »

Robbo87 wrote: Jul 25th, '19, 13:58 That looks a tad lean. Not surprising with a bigger main, no air box and a cone filter. Try winding out the air screw by one full turn from standard, if no better - or worse, wind it in by one full turn from standard; whichever way makes an improvement, however slight, shows you're on the right track. You'll almost certainly have to richen the mixture screw, but adjust each setting in turn before balancing out - you may end up having to lower the needle height too.
Good point yeah the needle... Thanks yeah I had the needle on the top 2nd and was awful. So I put it on the middle. I'll try now 2nd bottom one :-bd