Reasonable multibike insurance

Anti-Theft Devices & Insurance related issues...

Moderator: Staff

kwacky
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Re: Reasonable multibike insurance

Post by kwacky »

I've used Carole Nash for years but recently I've found them to be very expensive and I don't think they offer a true multibike policy. The last two years have been a struggle with them. Most of my biking life I've had two bikes. When I've swapped a bike it's been pretty painless, but this year when I swapped a Z1000SX (group 14) for a Versys 650 (group 9) they cancelled my existing policy, started up two new policies and wanted to charge me an extra £270 for the privilege.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Dailaughing »

The admiral multi car seems to be easy to change although as with you they charge more for a lower group vehicle. I will get them to quote on the bike as well but will probably stick with separate policies (although when a car and two bikes get smashed up by a drunk driver when they were parked before Christmas and you have to make three calls about it you wonder if multi-vehicle would be a good thing!)
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

Found Bikesure was OK for two bikes last year.
R6 STU
Learner Driver

Post by R6 STU »

MCE
R6, street triple and MSX125.
Fully comp, mods declared, £350
graham22
Learner Driver

Post by graham22 »

Kwacky - what's the other bike you have, see you have a 650 Versys but what's the other?

There's not many multi-bike insurers in the market and some have very wierd 'pillion use' restrictions (eg 1st Gen Busa OK, 2nd Gen not OK!) - my money's on this being the reason they cancelled.

It may be a case that 2 seperate policies may be more suitable if the bikes are quite different or perhaps look what bikes, if any/either need to carry pillions.
Gimlet
Learner Driver
First Name: Jim

Post by Gimlet »

kwacky wrote:I've used Carole Nash for years but recently I've found them to be very expensive....
You're telling me. Got an online quote from them for my Super Duke and they wanted £479. Hastings Direct on The Bike Insurer site would do it for £168.

Bemoto who I'm currently insured with offered multi bike cover for the SDR and my 1190 Adv for £463. That's steep as well. Should be able to cover both bikes separately for well under £400.
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure
spacefrog
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by spacefrog »

I realise this is quite an old thread but i thought i would say, i have looked into multi bike insurance myself and it doesnt seem to be any cheaper which is ridiculous as you can only ride one bike at anytime, but also i have found that multibike insurance is only valid or indeed available if the bikes are kept in a secure garage, as far as the ones i have asked this secure garage can be a shed but it has to be stood on a concrete floor, although i have a big shed myself which is more of an outbuilding than a shed it was still not suitable.
As for getting insurance on my second bike, i was quoted £198, as i had used my no claims on my first bike, when i actually questioned the quote i did eventually find out that by changing my employment status from unemployed to homemaker/house person reduced the quote down to £106, this being perfectly in order as i do not claim unemployment benefit, as i am not working at the moment and retired, so if you are in this position as i am its a good way to reduce your premiums.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Just done my bike insurance for the year have done a few years with MCE but found out this year that they don’t cover any bike upgrades so return the bike to factory standard if you need to make a claim.

Went over to Bennets and they were more expensive but everything gets covered and a lower excess so well worth it
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.