Fitting an Oxford Bruteforce ground anchor 'HOW TO'

Look in here for 'How to' guides that have been donated to us...

Moderator: Staff

Dan_RR
Learner Driver
First Name: Dan

Fitting an Oxford Bruteforce ground anchor 'HOW TO'

Post by Dan_RR »

Hey guys and girls,

Made a little video of me fitting my Oxford brute force ground anchor. Thought may as well show people as it's very basic and easy to fit and well worth the £20 or however much the one you decide to buy is. Let me know what ya think, made a couple of dodgy cuts/fades in the video but otherwise I think it's fairly to the point.

Hope to see you all out on some rides soon :)):

Link below:

https://youtu.be/XdyXDAYbRtg
Link to all my drifting shenanigans, motorbike track days and a few 'how to's....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfKNYG ... REP05rR1bA
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Re: Fitting an Oxford Bruteforce ground anchor 'HOW TO'

Post by menzies3032 »

Hi Dan

Really helpful video. I have not got a ground anchor and have been thinking about getting one for a while but as I am not that great at DIY for some reason just thought it would be uber complicated to fit. From seeing you fit yours think i better get one on order sharpish.

Thanks mate
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Dan_RR
Learner Driver

Post by Dan_RR »

menzies3032 wrote: Mar 30th, '21, 18:25 Hi Dan

Really helpful video. I have not got a ground anchor and have been thinking about getting one for a while but as I am not that great at DIY for some reason just thought it would be uber complicated to fit. From seeing you fit yours think i better get one on order sharpish.

Thanks mate
Glad it helped Rob, ye I think deciding where you want it takes more time than actually fitting it lol. If you need a hand or want to borrow the drill feel free to give me a shout,

Cheers
Link to all my drifting shenanigans, motorbike track days and a few 'how to's....

RD400 Fanatic
Learner Driver
First Name: Julian

Post by RD400 Fanatic »

Hello Dan,

I fitted one of these Oxford BruteForce ground anchors in 2020 with my dad offering guidance on keeping the drill bit straight while creating the holes. Getting the distance between the holes right is so important for the whole anchor to sit flush with the bricks, ground, etc.
The process wasn't that difficult but the noise of the drill was utterly horrendous and took about ten minutes per hole. Not recommended for a Sunday afternoon when the neighbours might be sat out enjoying some limited good weather.

For such a low price and easy fitment, I would recommend everyone fit one of these where possible. The added security it offers is good for peace of mind.

I wrote an article about ground anchors on my website and would really like to embed your video for others to watch there if I may?

Ground anchors - Can these help prevent your motorbike from being stolen?

Many thanks,
I might be blind but I still love my bikes!

Checkout my websiteTwisty-Bits.com

Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Most people recommend putting these into walls and keeping the chain a correct length not to dangle onto the floor as that's where they are most vulnerable.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

If anyone local-ish to me is considering fitting one of these ground anchors, or similar, and needs something to make short work of the drilling; I have a DeWalt mains-power SDS drill you can borrow. MUCH better than a hammer drill - a lot quicker and quieter too
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
RD400 Fanatic
Learner Driver
First Name: Julian

Post by RD400 Fanatic »

Robbo87 wrote: Apr 26th, '21, 00:28 If anyone local-ish to me is considering fitting one of these ground anchors, or similar, and needs something to make short work of the drilling; I have a DeWalt mains-power SDS drill you can borrow. MUCH better than a hammer drill - a lot quicker and quieter too
What a kind offer.
Why is it that bikers get such a bad name when most of the time we will go out of our way to help others?
I might be blind but I still love my bikes!

Checkout my websiteTwisty-Bits.com

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Because their memories are still stuck in the days of mods and rockers.

Oh yeah and those gixxers that rip down through the 30 limit at 90.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
MikeZ
Learner Driver
First Name: Mike

Post by MikeZ »

I will make similar offer as robbo87, the difference being I'm in Bristol.
Dan_RR
Learner Driver

Post by Dan_RR »

RD400 Fanatic wrote: Apr 25th, '21, 09:53 Hello Dan,

I fitted one of these Oxford BruteForce ground anchors in 2020 with my dad offering guidance on keeping the drill bit straight while creating the holes. Getting the distance between the holes right is so important for the whole anchor to sit flush with the bricks, ground, etc.
The process wasn't that difficult but the noise of the drill was utterly horrendous and took about ten minutes per hole. Not recommended for a Sunday afternoon when the neighbours might be sat out enjoying some limited good weather.

For such a low price and easy fitment, I would recommend everyone fit one of these where possible. The added security it offers is good for peace of mind.

I wrote an article about ground anchors on my website and would really like to embed your video for others to watch there if I may?

Ground anchors - Can these help prevent your motorbike from being stolen?

Many thanks,
Sorry haven't been on the forum for a week or 2, ye feel free to link it to your website that's fine with me, more people that see it the better :-bd

10 minutes a hole! :80: Guessing you wern't using an sds drill lol, lots of offers here to borrow one if anyone else gets stuck, they aren't that expensive new to be fair, they are worth every penny IMO. Cheers