Pledge furniture polish?

Look in here for 'How to' guides that have been donated to us...

Moderator: Staff

oldenuff
Learner Driver

Re: Pledge furniture polish?

Post by oldenuff »

Spray-on furniture polish is great for cleaning your visor. Spray on, spread and leave for a minute or two and the bugs wipe off leaving a clean surface. Polish it and the water pools off nicely. I saw a note from a lady courier who reckoned she had used it for years. It certainly works for me.
ICS Powder Coating
Learner Driver

Post by ICS Powder Coating »

At ICS we tell our customers to use a good wax polish on their frames when they are newly coated as it helps protect the glossy finish. We don't specify pledge. I suppose it's not waxy enough.

We also suggest they brush Waxoyl or some other protective compound into corners and recesses of the frame. This is where moisture becomes trapped causing rust to start.

Tracy :)
Baldiman
Learner Driver
First Name: Brendan

Post by Baldiman »

badgerKDD wrote:Yep, I use Tesco furniture polish on my lid and bike ( after using turtle wax or other on bike ) and no probs so far! Use RainX on my visor after washing with warm water but really need to sort the anti fogging. I'v used various de- misters but cos I wear glasses the visor is fine but my bins fog up! Bugger! :roll:
Badger, have you tried a Respro Foggy? I wear glasses and I had one fitted to my old Shoei, now I've got one in the Arai, zero misting...ever.
Wildone
Learner Driver
First Name: Mike

Post by Wildone »

I've been using Pledge on my bikes fairings, paint seats etc and helmets for over 20 years and have never had any problems with it affecting plastics etc. I am told the helmet manufacturers recommend soapy water to clean but it's hard getting bugs off with just water.
Properphatboy
Learner Driver
First Name: ディー

Post by Properphatboy »

Another vote here for furniture polish on the bike. I like to use plenty of it,so go with the supermarket own brand. Used it on plenty of different cars and bikes. The only issue I have is it making things too damn slippy! Must get some of those rubber pads for my knees on the sides of the tank.
Gimlet
Learner Driver
First Name: Jim

Post by Gimlet »

On a bit of a tangent, I bought some Wurth helmet and visor foam for my lid. Its OK, not brilliant - gets the bugs off eventually and smells great - but its absolutely superb as a glass cleaner on mirrors, screens and clocks.
Wash the bugs off and when dry apply a small squirt of foam on all clear bits and effortlessly wipe away streaks and water marks instantly for perfect clarity.
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure