Fancy France in May

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kata
SWB Subscriber
First Name: John

Fancy France in May

Post by Kata » Feb 6th, '18, 20:36

I'm off to France in May via Brittany Ferries. Looking to go down South at a leisurely rate as taking a pillion. Also, Im definitely NOT camping as it always rains when i even think about it.

Anyway, if other peeps would like to come along too give me a shout.

graham22
Learner Driver

Re: Fancy France in May

Post by graham22 » Feb 7th, '18, 09:55

If you're heading down the West coast, look at the D785 from Morlaix to Quimper - nice start to the journey, like Dartmoor without speed limits & with sunshine. Cuts off the corner somewhat too.

Even worth a detour if coming back early, head to Brest at Rennes & pick up the D785 again.

Have fun, can't make it in May but will do something later in year.

Jug_Inspector
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug_Inspector » Feb 7th, '18, 10:16

Kata - are you inviting us to share in your holiday or just the commute to where you're going?
Eitherway I'd like more details please.

Kata
SWB Subscriber

Post by Kata » Feb 12th, '18, 21:16

graham22 wrote:
Feb 7th, '18, 09:55
If you're heading down the West coast, look at the D785 from Morlaix to Quimper - nice start to the journey, like Dartmoor without speed limits & with sunshine. Cuts off the corner somewhat too.

Even worth a detour if coming back early, head to Brest at Rennes & pick up the D785 again.

Have fun, can't make it in May but will do something later in year.
Cheers for the info. Will add it to the list of places to look at for the trip.

Kata
SWB Subscriber

Post by Kata » Feb 12th, '18, 21:22

Jug_Inspector wrote:
Feb 7th, '18, 10:16
Kata - are you inviting us to share in your holiday or just the commute to where you're going?
Eitherway I'd like more details please.
Share holiday - all or part. Im easy really. :-)

I havnt yet got a route or accommodation sorted but plan to get a route sorted by the end of the month then start booking hotels. Been wanting to get to that sodding big bridge down south of france for a while. Also stopping at Tours as the food is lovely.

Open to ideas.

Pm if interested.

Cheers
John

goatpants
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants » Feb 13th, '18, 21:00

What dates Kata?
Running on MT