Late notice ride - Sunday 18th Oct'.

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Re: Late notice ride - Sunday 18th Oct'.

Post by Tvrv37 » Oct 15th, '20, 14:48

Ok thanks Phil
Triumph Speed Triple, Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory, RSV Mille trackday bike & Yamaha RD250E project.

Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 » Oct 15th, '20, 15:56

I'll be up for a morning pootle... weather looks great and missed the abuse from our senior members since Wales \:D/ \:D/
Count me in please.
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..

Kata
SWB Subscriber
First Name: John

Post by Kata » Oct 15th, '20, 17:39

Opps that's the six then...

Robbo87
SWB Subscriber

Post by Robbo87 » Oct 15th, '20, 18:16

Yup, all positions in the Elderly Brothers cavalcade of fun on Sun' are now filled - and just because Roy B can't make it doesn't mean any of you lot have to bike/tarmac interface in his place :)): .

Robbo87
ptolemyx
Htangye
Ming
chr1s
Red5

If anyone has to bale out, please let me know soonest. Harry/Htangye, are you still up up for chancing your arm with us?

For info', if anyone from the above list is worried about chancing their safety by riding to the Dark Side (Honiton :shock: ) for the 0900 hrs start, you can pick us up at the junction of the A30 & A377 (Crediton, Alphington, Marsh Barton etc.) around 0930 hrs, follow sign for Ide, Dunchideock, Dunsford, Mortonhampstead and stop at first pull-in on the left. If we're early we'll wait until half-nine, if you're early, just hang on, at least two us are over forty and musn't be rushed :mrgreen: . Here's a Google maps link: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.70055 ... 312!8i6656

MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow » Oct 15th, '20, 18:52

Would love to come and supervise but it's a bit too far for me these days. :( :(
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?

Robbo87
SWB Subscriber

Post by Robbo87 » Oct 17th, '20, 15:04

MellowYellow wrote:
Oct 15th, '20, 18:52
Would love to come and supervise but it's a bit too far for me these days. :( :(
If ayone invents decent traffic-free biking roads in the North Somerset/Bristol area Larry, we'll come and join you :) .

Robbo87
SWB Subscriber

Post by Robbo87 » Oct 17th, '20, 15:28

Right-ho folks. Weather's looking dry if cloudy; a bit like how I like my cider so I'll stay off it tonight and, clear-eyed and bushy tailed, see four of you at Smiley's Honiton tomorrow for a 0900 hrs start, make sure you're fuelled up. We're picking up Andy Ming near Ide at 0930 hrs-ish.

I'll have maybe a re-group/P-stop along the way to discuss extending my route if it's wanted (it's approx' 95 miles as is), then definitely finish at The Pit Stop cafe in Marsh Barton, Exeter (cheers for the heads up Jon) for coffee and a bite.

bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan » Oct 17th, '20, 15:46

Have a good one people would have joined you but off sick for 10 days & was full by the time I felt well enough to put my name down, stay safe all👍👍👍
1290 SD. Gsxr 1100 streetfighter. GSX 1400. 1200 bandit.

DaveH
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Dave

Post by DaveH » Oct 18th, '20, 07:21

Enjoy your ride folks. Sorry I couldn’t make this one ... family duties y’know!

ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx » Oct 18th, '20, 15:37

Nice one, thanks Phil :-bd
We broke the SWB virgin, Harry "Htangye" quite gently. He'll fit in with our shenanigans well :mrgreen:
tuned & modified 08 B-King - stockish 14 Busa - modified 01 FZS1000 - a nutter on all three :twisted:

chr1s
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Chris

Post by chr1s » Oct 18th, '20, 15:46

Cheers Phil great ride that, and weather.....absolutely pleasure meeting you Harry, hope to see you on the next one :-bd

ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx » Oct 18th, '20, 15:52

Next one I'm orgamanizing will be November 8th. Kick off 09.00 from Wellington Shell station. I'll post a new thread shortly.....
tuned & modified 08 B-King - stockish 14 Busa - modified 01 FZS1000 - a nutter on all three :twisted:

Robbo87
SWB Subscriber

Post by Robbo87 » Oct 18th, '20, 18:17

Thanks to all on the rideout today, 'twas a nice day to get 120 miles plus under the Trumpet's wheels, even got back in plenty of time to watch Moto GP. Nice to meet a forum newbie in the shape of Harry on his first SWB rideout today. He couldn't have hated our bimble through Devon too much as he stuck with us to the end.