To ride or not to ride?

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

To ride or not to ride?

Post by Robbo87 »

Thought you may be interested to read this article I’ve just lifted from the ‘Visordown’ site, dated today:
While the months ahead may be new to many of us, you needn’t fear, as going out for a ride on your motorcycle, at the minute at least, is a safe activity to partake in.
Like many of you reading this, the first thing we thought about when the PM’s announcement was made was ‘can I still go out for a ride tomorrow?’. As it stands at this moment in time, your afternoon enjoying some time on deserted roads looks to be safe.

We spoke to the cabinet office press team earlier today, their advice was that while group motorcycle rides would be discouraged, going out for a ride on your own and not interacting with many people would be absolutely fine.
They did though ask that anybody showing signs of infection (a fever, cough, breathing difficulties or all three) should self-isolate and remain at home. Likewise, if anyone has been around somebody with these symptoms or a confirmed case of Coronavirus, they should also self-isolate to prevent it from spreading any further.

They also confirmed that there are no travel restrictions in place for people, whether travelling by car or motorcycle, so personal travel purely for pleasure is absolutely fine.

They also asked that any motorcyclists going out for a ride should get to know the government's guidance on social distancing (available here) and take every precaution when leaving the house.

While the government's advice looks like a green light to go out and ride into the hills, let's not go too silly. The NHS is going to massively under stress in the coming weeks and months - let's not add to that by pretending [to be] Valentino Rossi on the B4446 and getting it all wrong.
Ride safe.
Here’s a link to the web page I got it from: https://www.visordown.com/news/general/ ... lLU95Y3wTc
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Re: To ride or not to ride?

Post by Mervin »

wise words about not trying to be Valentino Rossi mate , ride to your ability , there are no prizes for ending up in a heap at the side of the road
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

I rode home very carefully today. Nice empty roads, just a shame about the potholes. They've all appeared since I was Last on two Wheels.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

You need to take the WR out more Si. Well suited to our roads nowadays
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Yep, it's on the cards.

Personally I'll keep going out for work so i'll keep going out on the bike.

I don't do big gatherings anyway. \:D/
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Mr Tuscan
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Mr Tuscan »

Was a great day for riding yesterday, many bikes on the road I did end up popping to the cafe for a coffee which had an outlet/takeaway window for coffee which was nice but ended up leaving as with 10 minutes bikers appeared from everywhere and it got busy so decided to social distance at that point
4A429C07-2879-48DE-A11B-4B0AA455CB2A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Use your awareness of others lack of ability to focus your own!

Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Had an epic weekend of riding... Fun with the cobweb ride re run yesterday and today with Ming and BKingAlan.
Have a feeling this might be it for a little while, hopefully not but seems inevitable right now.
Extremely impressed to open up the mighty BMW XR. Bit of a weapon O:-)
Hope every one's safe n sound and able to get out before the summer's over... B-) B-)
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Red5 wrote: Mar 22nd, '20, 20:43 . . . . . . .
Have a feeling this might be it for a little while, hopefully not but seems inevitable right now.
. . . . . . . .
Agreed :-bd - see my semi-rant on the 'Flask & Sarnies run' topic.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Mr Tuscan
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Mr Tuscan »

I’m guessing the ride out Saturday was it, I was lucky enough to squeeze in an MOT and service on Monday and have it a quick scream about and made a racket but even down at the garage it was one person at a time in the office and it all just felt a bit weird and surreal.
Bikes all covered up now, sad but let’s all be safe.
Too many idiots on Facebook group saying I’ll do what I like and nothing will stop me riding, I think we’ve hit the marker and it’s time to do what we are required to do
Stay home if you can and don’t spread anything.

Anyone got any plans those of you that are at home?
Use your awareness of others lack of ability to focus your own!

Jay
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jay

Post by Jay »

Be careful out there folks.....
Police are stopping and checking vehicles and Bikes so see if your journey is necessary .....
I got stopped this morning heading to work.. luckily i'm one of the key worker...Armed forces

So if you are thinking about going for a blast.... think again as they are giving on the spot fines.
2020 CBR1000RR-R
2008 FJR 1300A