Morning Ride Out Saturday 15th August

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How early do we start?

Leave Bridge at 6am. Maximum riding and lets make it to Boscastle
80%
Leave Bridge at 7am and get as far as we can but have a bit more time in bed
20%
Leave Bridge at 8am sensible times for getting out of bed any riding we can bag is "all good"
No votes

Total votes: 5

Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Re: Morning Ride Out Saturday 15th August

Post by Ming »

Make sure that you leave enough to stop the chickens getting out
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

tony volusia wrote: Aug 19th, '20, 15:14 the state of that road i wonder if you could put a claim in against the highways dept
maybe worth a try as you got the photo of it
Devon highways are very proud of their record of paying out bugger all, the fault in the road had to have been previously reported, the process is you have to get the repair done yourself send them copies of the bill , Mot of vehicle, service history,insurance documents, proof it was taxed etc etc , I bent a wheel on my fiesta van, got a new/secondhand spare from a local garage on ebay for £30 and abandoned the idea of claiming
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
tony volusia
Learner Driver
First Name: tony

Post by tony volusia »

just think if everyone just abandoned the idea of claiming or reporting dangerous roads in the end nobody would bother to ride out anymore as it would be to costly keep repairing your bikes yourself
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

tony volusia wrote: Aug 19th, '20, 21:03 just think if everyone just abandoned the idea of claiming or reporting dangerous roads in the end nobody would bother to ride out anymore as it would be to costly keep repairing your bikes yourself
Exactly what Devon and all of the other Highways Agencies would love to see.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

We would all be on off roader bikes with crazy Suspension and comfy Seats.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Crusader Sport
Learner Driver
First Name: Steve

Post by Crusader Sport »

With some of Devon's roads not sure there's much difference from being off-road.
2019 T120 with Hagon 2810 shocks.
tony volusia
Learner Driver
First Name: tony

Post by tony volusia »

maybe there should be a joint venture from all clubs in the southwest to make this point and get the roads sorted
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

tony volusia wrote: Aug 19th, '20, 21:03 just think if everyone just abandoned the idea of claiming or reporting dangerous roads in the end nobody would bother to ride out anymore as it would be to costly keep repairing your bikes yourself

oh I report faults at every opportunity ,and keep on doing it they must have me listed as a PITA
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

is there a site where you can search to see if a fault has already been reported?
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

yes go here , https://www.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransp ... a-problem/ start as though you are reporting a problem then when it comes to the mark it on the map page it shows you what has been reported already where it says track an existing problem you need a reference number to get it to work
Hunter S Thompson
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Back to Roy's ingenuity, he's more a baling twine sort of bloke. Only he will have made the baling twine, not bought it. The important bit being because he can...
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't