Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
Jug_Inspector
Learner Driver
Posts: 459
Joined: Jan 12th, '17, 13:44
First Name: Richard

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Jug_Inspector » Mar 26th, '18, 07:44

Looks like you all had really nice weather for the ride, the air seemed a little chilly but it was warm in the sun.
I was a little jealous as I could hear all the bikes out riding around... but I had made the decision to leave mine in their tent until after the next ice age passes, otherwise I'd have been there with you.

I'll be dragging my SD out soon and I'd like to go explore Cheddar Gorge, I'll post up a ride nearer the time, assuming there has be the statutory 3 week draught beforehand. :)):

User avatar
Kata
Learner Driver
Posts: 610
Joined: Aug 1st, '13, 21:27
First Name: John
Location: Taunton

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Kata » Mar 26th, '18, 10:42

Lovely ride out yesterday. Hopefully more good weather soon!

User avatar
Kata
Learner Driver
Posts: 610
Joined: Aug 1st, '13, 21:27
First Name: John
Location: Taunton

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Kata » Mar 26th, '18, 10:43

Jug_Inspector wrote:
Mar 26th, '18, 07:44
Looks like you all had really nice weather for the ride, the air seemed a little chilly but it was warm in the sun.
I was a little jealous as I could hear all the bikes out riding around... but I had made the decision to leave mine in their tent until after the next ice age passes, otherwise I'd have been there with you.

I'll be dragging my SD out soon and I'd like to go explore Cheddar Gorge, I'll post up a ride nearer the time, assuming there has be the statutory 3 week draught beforehand. :)):
That will take you 5 minutes... :-)

User avatar
Jug_Inspector
Learner Driver
Posts: 459
Joined: Jan 12th, '17, 13:44
First Name: Richard

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Jug_Inspector » Mar 26th, '18, 11:05

Yeh, well... for me that's a big day out. :mrgreen:

User avatar
scorcher
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 707
Joined: Nov 11th, '09, 20:59

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by scorcher » Mar 26th, '18, 11:17

Kata wrote:
Mar 26th, '18, 10:43
Jug_Inspector wrote:
Mar 26th, '18, 07:44
Looks like you all had really nice weather for the ride, the air seemed a little chilly but it was warm in the sun.
I was a little jealous as I could hear all the bikes out riding around... but I had made the decision to leave mine in their tent until after the next ice age passes, otherwise I'd have been there with you.

I'll be dragging my SD out soon and I'd like to go explore Cheddar Gorge, I'll post up a ride nearer the time, assuming there has be the statutory 3 week draught beforehand. :)):
That will take you 5 minutes... :-)
Plenty of half decent roads within spitting distance (B3135 Gorge, B3134 Burrington Combe and A368 around Chew Valley) all link up easily and plenty of pitstops. That'll keep you going for nearly an hour :)):

User avatar
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 519
Joined: Jun 14th, '15, 06:10
First Name: Brian
Location: Exmoor in deepest North Devon

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by ptolemyx » Mar 26th, '18, 11:45

Another set of thanks to our glorious leader, TEC and everyone else on the cobweb ride yesterday.
And add me to the Zummerzet ride, was thinking of posting a ride out route up there meself :-bd
We did Cheddar and Burrington Combe last November before it all got too wet and cold for the senile old bones. Happy to go back up there soon.

Fozz
Learner Driver
Posts: 72
Joined: Mar 8th, '18, 07:09
First Name: Colin

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Fozz » Mar 26th, '18, 16:08

Nice roads around Cheddar Gorge,but through the Gorge theres to many tourists,cyclists and woolly rocks!

User avatar
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
Posts: 2809
Joined: Mar 15th, '14, 14:06
First Name: Larry
Location: Bristol

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by MellowYellow » Mar 26th, '18, 17:03

A couple of nice 'drag strips' over the top as well.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?

The Muppet
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 222
Joined: Jul 10th, '16, 18:41
First Name: Mandy

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by The Muppet » Mar 26th, '18, 21:27

Thank you Si and all the Tec great ride yesterday even though i only did 1/2 . great meeting new people , for the Gentleman that tried on my Bike for size , if you go for the Tracer i had a 40mm lowering kit here that was only fitted to my bike, before i changed it for the 60mm so would sell for a very good price if your interested .........

User avatar
Gimlet
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 456
Joined: May 25th, '15, 21:15
First Name: Jim
Location: Dorset

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Gimlet » Mar 27th, '18, 05:55

Jug_Inspector wrote:
Mar 26th, '18, 07:44
I'll be dragging my SD out soon and I'd like to go explore Cheddar Gorge, I'll post up a ride nearer the time, assuming there has be the statutory 3 week draught beforehand. :)):
Last time I rode through Cheddar gorge the road surface was grooved like someone had dragged a chain harrow down it which produced that odd squirrelly, white-lining sensation in the bends. Didn't stop my mate sparking hos knee sliders but it did feel odd. I'm sure they do it on purpose to slow bikers down.
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure

Pk1000
Learner Driver
Posts: 6
Joined: Jan 14th, '18, 15:12
First Name: Paul

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Pk1000 » Mar 27th, '18, 07:30

So where does the ride start and what time?

User avatar
Jug_Inspector
Learner Driver
Posts: 459
Joined: Jan 12th, '17, 13:44
First Name: Richard

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Jug_Inspector » Mar 27th, '18, 09:55

Cobweb ride has already happened Paul.
The East of Devon run & the Cheddar Gorge ones are yet to be arranged.

User avatar
Kata
Learner Driver
Posts: 610
Joined: Aug 1st, '13, 21:27
First Name: John
Location: Taunton

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Kata » Mar 27th, '18, 22:43

scorcher wrote:
Mar 26th, '18, 11:17
Kata wrote:
Mar 26th, '18, 10:43
Jug_Inspector wrote:
Mar 26th, '18, 07:44
Looks like you all had really nice weather for the ride, the air seemed a little chilly but it was warm in the sun.
I was a little jealous as I could hear all the bikes out riding around... but I had made the decision to leave mine in their tent until after the next ice age passes, otherwise I'd have been there with you.

I'll be dragging my SD out soon and I'd like to go explore Cheddar Gorge, I'll post up a ride nearer the time, assuming there has be the statutory 3 week draught beforehand. :)):
That will take you 5 minutes... :-)
Plenty of half decent roads within spitting distance (B3135 Gorge, B3134 Burrington Combe and A368 around Chew Valley) all link up easily and plenty of pitstops. That'll keep you going for nearly an hour :)):
Cheers! I might just try these.

Kata

User avatar
Kata
Learner Driver
Posts: 610
Joined: Aug 1st, '13, 21:27
First Name: John
Location: Taunton

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Kata » Mar 27th, '18, 22:44

Jug_Inspector wrote:
Mar 27th, '18, 09:55
Cobweb ride has already happened Paul.
The East of Devon run & the Cheddar Gorge ones are yet to be arranged.

When you planning to lead them then Jugs? I'll be up for going :-)

User avatar
billinom8s
Site Admin
Posts: 14842
Joined: Sep 10th, '05, 22:31
First Name: simon
Location: When in doubt...............C4

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by billinom8s » Mar 28th, '18, 06:18

Now you've done it. You've scared him away with such a suggestion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
07977507395
Image
don't forget we are on twitter believe it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R
Zx10r trackbike

Post Reply