Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Re: Cobweb ride, Sunday March 25th 2018 - route posted- NEW DATE

Post by Jug »

Looks like you all had really nice weather for the ride, the air seemed a little chilly but it was warm in the sun.
I was a little jealous as I could hear all the bikes out riding around... but I had made the decision to leave mine in their tent until after the next ice age passes, otherwise I'd have been there with you.

I'll be dragging my SD out soon and I'd like to go explore Cheddar Gorge, I'll post up a ride nearer the time, assuming there has be the statutory 3 week draught beforehand. :)):
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

Lovely ride out yesterday. Hopefully more good weather soon!
Kata
Learner Driver

Post by Kata »

Jug_Inspector wrote: Mar 26th, '18, 07:44 Looks like you all had really nice weather for the ride, the air seemed a little chilly but it was warm in the sun.
I was a little jealous as I could hear all the bikes out riding around... but I had made the decision to leave mine in their tent until after the next ice age passes, otherwise I'd have been there with you.

I'll be dragging my SD out soon and I'd like to go explore Cheddar Gorge, I'll post up a ride nearer the time, assuming there has be the statutory 3 week draught beforehand. :)):
That will take you 5 minutes... :-)
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

Yeh, well... for me that's a big day out. :mrgreen:
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

Kata wrote: Mar 26th, '18, 10:43
Jug_Inspector wrote: Mar 26th, '18, 07:44 Looks like you all had really nice weather for the ride, the air seemed a little chilly but it was warm in the sun.

Plenty of half decent roads within spitting distance (B3135 Gorge, B3134 Burrington Combe and A368 around Chew Valley) all link up easily and plenty of pitstops. That'll keep you going for nearly an hour :)):
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Another set of thanks to our glorious leader, TEC and everyone else on the cobweb ride yesterday.
And add me to the Zummerzet ride, was thinking of posting a ride out route up there meself :-bd
We did Cheddar and Burrington Combe last November before it all got too wet and cold for the senile old bones. Happy to go back up there soon.
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Fozz
Learner Driver
First Name: Colin

Post by Fozz »

Nice roads around Cheddar Gorge,but through the Gorge theres to many tourists,cyclists and woolly rocks!
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

A couple of nice 'drag strips' over the top as well.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
The Muppet
Learner Driver
First Name: Mandy

Post by The Muppet »

Thank you Si and all the Tec great ride yesterday even though i only did 1/2 . great meeting new people , for the Gentleman that tried on my Bike for size , if you go for the Tracer i had a 40mm lowering kit here that was only fitted to my bike, before i changed it for the 60mm so would sell for a very good price if your interested .........
Gimlet
Learner Driver
First Name: Jim

Post by Gimlet »

Jug_Inspector wrote: Mar 26th, '18, 07:44 I'll be dragging my SD out soon and I'd like to go explore Cheddar Gorge, I'll post up a ride nearer the time, assuming there has be the statutory 3 week draught beforehand. :)):
Last time I rode through Cheddar gorge the road surface was grooved like someone had dragged a chain harrow down it which produced that odd squirrelly, white-lining sensation in the bends. Didn't stop my mate sparking hos knee sliders but it did feel odd. I'm sure they do it on purpose to slow bikers down.
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure
Pk1000
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Post by Pk1000 »

So where does the ride start and what time?
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

Cobweb ride has already happened Paul.
The East of Devon run & the Cheddar Gorge ones are yet to be arranged.
Kata
Learner Driver

Post by Kata »

scorcher wrote: Mar 26th, '18, 11:17
Kata wrote: Mar 26th, '18, 10:43

Plenty of half decent roads within spitting distance (B3135 Gorge, B3134 Burrington Combe and A368 around Chew Valley) all link up easily and plenty of pitstops. That'll keep you going for nearly an hour :)):
Cheers! I might just try these.

Kata
Kata
Learner Driver

Post by Kata »

Jug_Inspector wrote: Mar 27th, '18, 09:55 Cobweb ride has already happened Paul.
The East of Devon run & the Cheddar Gorge ones are yet to be arranged.

When you planning to lead them then Jugs? I'll be up for going :-)
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Now you've done it. You've scared him away with such a suggestion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.