Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
Posts: 2901
Joined: Mar 15th, '14, 14:06
First Name: Larry
Location: Bristol

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by MellowYellow » Apr 26th, '18, 12:19

Kata wrote:
Apr 26th, '18, 12:10
Hi Guys,

A little lost with this, what happens after Cannards Well? I'll be up Chippenham area in weekend so could meet you guys there at 11, but would like to know what the plan is!

Cheers
Kata
Northern meet at Toby Inn, A 37 Whitchurch for a 10.00 leave heading to Cannards for an 11.00 leave.

My section is approx. 65 miles (from Shepton) and will terminate very close to the start.

There will be a fuel stop not far from the start, and lunch about half way.

E & O E
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?

User avatar
Kata
Learner Driver
Posts: 633
Joined: Aug 1st, '13, 21:27
First Name: John
Location: Taunton

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by Kata » Apr 26th, '18, 14:24

So you doing a circuit starting at Cannards well and back again?

User avatar
Kata
Learner Driver
Posts: 633
Joined: Aug 1st, '13, 21:27
First Name: John
Location: Taunton

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by Kata » Apr 26th, '18, 14:24

Got a route in mind yet?

User avatar
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
Posts: 2901
Joined: Mar 15th, '14, 14:06
First Name: Larry
Location: Bristol

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by MellowYellow » Apr 26th, '18, 14:54

Kata wrote:
Apr 26th, '18, 14:24
So you doing a circuit starting at Cannards well and back again?
Yesiree Bob. Perzactamente.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?

User avatar
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
Posts: 2901
Joined: Mar 15th, '14, 14:06
First Name: Larry
Location: Bristol

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by MellowYellow » Apr 26th, '18, 15:01

Kata wrote:
Apr 26th, '18, 14:24
Got a route in mind yet?
3:-O O.R.O.R 3:-O
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?

User avatar
Kata
Learner Driver
Posts: 633
Joined: Aug 1st, '13, 21:27
First Name: John
Location: Taunton

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by Kata » Apr 26th, '18, 15:29

MellowYellow wrote:
Apr 26th, '18, 15:01
Kata wrote:
Apr 26th, '18, 14:24
Got a route in mind yet?
3:-O O.R.O.R 3:-O
Huh?

User avatar
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
Posts: 2901
Joined: Mar 15th, '14, 14:06
First Name: Larry
Location: Bristol

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by MellowYellow » Apr 27th, '18, 08:32

Sorry, Mendip-Wurzel-Speak for 'yes'.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?

User avatar
Robbo87
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 919
Joined: Feb 13th, '09, 19:42
First Name: Phil
Location: Ottery St Mary
Contact:

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by Robbo87 » Apr 28th, '18, 00:59

billinom8s wrote:
Apr 25th, '18, 19:58
I'll be leaving teignmouth at 8 for a scenic route up to the eagle tavern.
Still aiming to be at the Bowd Inn, Sidmouth for 0900 hrs Si? Might be cutting it fine to get from there to the Eagle Tavern for 0930 hrs, it's around 28 miles. My old Fut might do it of course but you've only got a KTM :)): Just in case you get a wiggle on, I'll be at the Bowd for 0845 hrs. Let me know, 'cos there'll be a certain CBR-mounted A.N.Other with me and I'll need to give him a heads up time-wise.

User avatar
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 573
Joined: Jun 14th, '15, 06:10
First Name: Brian
Location: Exmoor in deepest North Devon

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by ptolemyx » Apr 28th, '18, 05:52

O.R.O.R.

translates as "Ooh Arr Ooh Arr"

Only said authentically when standing at a field gate wearing a white smock and sucking on a piece of straw and drinking from a jug of rotgut scrumpy
hqdefault.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
billinom8s
Site Admin
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sep 10th, '05, 22:31
First Name: simon
Location: When in doubt...............C4

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by billinom8s » Apr 28th, '18, 05:58

Robbo87 wrote:
Apr 28th, '18, 00:59
billinom8s wrote:
Apr 25th, '18, 19:58
I'll be leaving teignmouth at 8 for a scenic route up to the eagle tavern.
Still aiming to be at the Bowd Inn, Sidmouth for 0900 hrs Si? Might be cutting it fine to get from there to the Eagle Tavern for 0930 hrs, it's around 28 miles. My old Fut might do it of course but you've only got a KTM :)): Just in case you get a wiggle on, I'll be at the Bowd for 0845 hrs. Let me know, 'cos there'll be a certain CBR-mounted A.N.Other with me and I'll need to give him a heads up time-wise.
Ok, tell you what, i'll be at the Bowd for 0815 so leaving Teignmouth 0730.
If it turns out that my tractor and I have company from there i'll adjust departure time to suit
07977507395
Image
don't forget we are on twitter believe it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R, fazer 600
Zx10r trackbike, gt550

User avatar
Gimlet
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 456
Joined: May 25th, '15, 21:15
First Name: Jim
Location: Dorset

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by Gimlet » Apr 28th, '18, 09:34

Bear in mind I'll be approaching the Eagle from the other direction and as the mighty 1290 can spin the Earth in third gear 9:30 may come round sooner than expected. Good idea to leave early.
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure

User avatar
Robbo87
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 919
Joined: Feb 13th, '09, 19:42
First Name: Phil
Location: Ottery St Mary
Contact:

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by Robbo87 » Apr 28th, '18, 13:10

billinom8s wrote:
Apr 28th, '18, 05:58
Robbo87 wrote:
Apr 28th, '18, 00:59
billinom8s wrote:
Apr 25th, '18, 19:58
I'll be leaving teignmouth at 8 for a scenic route up to the eagle tavern.
Still aiming to be at the Bowd Inn, Sidmouth for 0900 hrs Si? Might be cutting it fine to get from there to the Eagle Tavern for 0930 hrs, it's around 28 miles. My old Fut might do it of course but you've only got a KTM :)): Just in case you get a wiggle on, I'll be at the Bowd for 0845 hrs. Let me know, 'cos there'll be a certain CBR-mounted A.N.Other with me and I'll need to give him a heads up time-wise.
Ok, tell you what, i'll be at the Bowd for 0815 so leaving Teignmouth 0730.
If it turns out that my tractor and I have company from there i'll adjust departure time to suit
0815 hrs at the Bowd Inn's too early for me, we'd be at the E T by 0900 at that rate :80: . I'll still be on my second slice of toast at 0815, so I'll be at the Bowd at 0845, meet with Paul S and he can demonstrate the new skills he learned at the California Superbike School last Thursday. I'll try to keep up.

User avatar
billinom8s
Site Admin
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sep 10th, '05, 22:31
First Name: simon
Location: When in doubt...............C4

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by billinom8s » Apr 28th, '18, 13:39

Though you old farts got up at 3 and had done a days work by that time.
07977507395
Image
don't forget we are on twitter believe it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R, fazer 600
Zx10r trackbike, gt550

Red5
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 1444
Joined: Jul 5th, '10, 21:10
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by Red5 » Apr 28th, '18, 13:49

Looking and sounding good... Haven't kept up with who's where when but will be at the Bowd for 0830.. see y'all there and everybody else where ever when ever has been agreed :)) :D :-bd :o3
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..

User avatar
Pebble
SWB Subscriber
Posts: 127
Joined: Feb 12th, '09, 19:24
First Name: Dave
Location: Bridgwater

Re: Zummerzet ride - SUNDAY APRIL 29th

Post by Pebble » Apr 28th, '18, 14:29

Change of plan for me, I'll meet you all at Cannard's Well Inn.
07749007862

Post Reply