Friday Afternoon - North Devon

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Friday Afternoon - North Devon

Post by Jug »

I'm planning to do this tomorrow if anyone feels like joining me.
I'm aiming to leave Chard about 12:00 and will be heading up to the B3227 (as it wasn't mentioned on here in another thread) and follow that to South Molton. Then follow the A399 into Barnstable for a splash & dash and then on to Lynmouth for some chips on the seafront.
From there I'll be hitting the smaller roads through Exmoor and back down towards Tiverton, Honiton & finally back to Chard.
According to google that's 145 miles (4.5 hours).
Pace will be brisk so not 125 friendly.
Friday.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Buggs
Learner Driver
First Name: ross

Re: Friday Afternoon - North Devon

Post by Buggs »

Aaaah I hate working weekdays........and weekends.......i hate working full stop. If you do it again another time count me in
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

No worries Ross. I normally ride alone anyway... though that's mainly because I smell and I have no friends. :)):

I'll no doubt do a similar run again soon as I'm quite interested in exploring all the roads around N.Devon as I've only recently returned to road bikes so I'm just now establishing my favorite riding routes.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Have a good run.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Buggs
Learner Driver

Post by Buggs »

Beauty. Really enjoyed the n Devon trio we done the other day, compromise of slightly poorer condition roads but no popo
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

Was a really good run, many thanks to both the run leader and the TEC, was a fabulous afternoon out.

Pace was good, roads mostly clear of traffic and road surfaces were good too. Some gravel in places but not that much, I was mostly un hindered by road surface. Couple of sections were a bit too 'single track' for my liking so I have edited those out ready for the next time I venture over Exmoor way.
I think Exmoor/N.Devon is my favourite area of the SW to ride (so far). I think the roads there cater very well to the SD990... I also enjoy taking my V-strom 650 there too but the SD does seem to be more in it's element, and is more fun... :mrgreen:

Obligatory picture to prove it happened. I got there around 14:00 and the mist was just lifting off the cliffs.
Friday.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Great weather for a ride looks like you had good fun. Would have liked to have joined you but was working :-(
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Buggs
Learner Driver

Post by Buggs »

We went via minehead etc again today, awesome route from bude
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

Had to run an emergency errand as someone forgot their phone when at work.
Running on MT