S.W.B rideout to The Skylark

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what's your plan for the ride so I can plan it out

Poll ended at Aug 20th, '18, 10:05

Going
50%
Meet on-route or at The Skylark
25%
Not Going
25%

Total votes: 8

R1raven

Re: S.W.B rideout to The Skylark

Post by R1raven »

Is there going to be a new logo ...?

If so has it been choosen yet :-??
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

There is and no.

Moose will post up the runners and riders soon for all to vote on.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Fozz
Learner Driver
First Name: Colin

Post by Fozz »

I will be at Tivy services 6.15 [weather permitting] On the Xr if Mrs Fozz coming or on the 595 if solo.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

I'll be leaving ashcombe bridge at 4.20 if anyone is around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

If anyone wants to join me for the run up to meet R1 Raven and his mob at 'Tivvy services' on Friday, I'll be leaving Sainsburys car park in Hind Street, Ottery St May (EX11 1BW) at 1715 hrs.
I'll then be taking a bimble through the Blackdowns - no farm tracks this time I promise - and am aiming to be at the above rendevoux point by 1815 hrs.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
banjo
First Name: Dave

Post by banjo »

I'll be at Tiverton services by 6.30 providing I finish work on time.
Gimlet
Learner Driver
First Name: Jim

Post by Gimlet »

Robbo87 wrote: Aug 29th, '18, 22:14 If anyone wants to join me for the run up to meet R1 Raven and his mob at 'Tivvy services' on Friday, I'll be leaving Sainsburys car park in Hind Street, Ottery St May (EX11 1BW) at 1715 hrs.
I'll then be taking a bimble through the Blackdowns - no farm tracks this time I promise - and am aiming to be at the above rendevoux point by 1815 hrs.
I think I'll do that Phil. I'd probably have bimbled down to West Bay for a brew anyway so I may as well continue along the coast road and turn off on the Seaton road for Ottery. Its going in the opposite direction for Wellington but it would make a much nicer run than going straight there on the main roads from my place.
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure
R1raven

Post by R1raven »

Sounds like a plan :ymhug:

The more the merrior :-bd
forestcat
Learner Driver
First Name: ste

Post by forestcat »

May we'll see you all at ashcombe bridge or Sainsbury's Exeter ( depending on work finish time) for the ride up.
May have to turn round and come straight back tho, depending on arrival time as the pub will be calling 🍻
Fozz
Learner Driver
First Name: Colin

Post by Fozz »

I will be at the services 6.15 as well.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

Gimlet wrote: Aug 30th, '18, 09:54
Robbo87 wrote: Aug 29th, '18, 22:14 If anyone wants to join me for the run up to meet R1 Raven and his mob at 'Tivvy services' on Friday, I'll be leaving Sainsburys car park in Hind Street, Ottery St May (EX11 1BW) at 1715 hrs.
I think I'll do that Phil. I'd probably have bimbled down to West Bay for a brew anyway so I may as well continue along the coast road and turn off on the Seaton road for Ottery. Its going in the opposite direction for Wellington but it would make a much nicer run than going straight there on the main roads from my place.
Okeydoke Jim, see you at Sainsburys car park, Ottery :-bd . There's an Esso filling station oppposite if you need it, or there's the Shell one at Tivvy services, or another one next to the Skylark - spoilt for choice you are.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
R1raven

Post by R1raven »

forestcat wrote: Aug 30th, '18, 14:49 May we'll see you all at ashcombe bridge or Sainsbury's Exeter ( depending on work finish time) for the ride up.
May have to turn round and come straight back tho, depending on arrival time as the pub will be calling 🍻
Forestcat and any others that are aiming for ' ashcombe bridge ' for 16.15 to 16.20 to leave ,i may not be there as i might be finishing work mega early :lol: , but billinom8s will be there at this time . If i dont meet at ashcombe bridge i will meet the rest as planned from 17.00 @ Sainburys car park ,pinhoe ,exeter . We will then meet others on route ,aswell as the meeting point @ tiverton services . And then go straight onto The Skylark at Wellington
I will post further developments on here from tomorrow lunchtime :-bd
R1raven

Post by R1raven »

Will be meeting billinom8s and forestcat and any others @ Ashcombe bridge . I will be there from 4pm this afternoon .
Then onto the meet point @ sainburys c/p pinhoe exeter for 5pm before leaving for tiverton services and then onto The Skylark @ Wellington :P

The Sun is out ,what a great afternoon/evening for a ride 8)
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

R1raven wrote: Aug 31st, '18, 10:25 Will be meeting billinom8s and forestcat and any others @ Ashcombe bridge . I will be there from 4pm this afternoon .
Then onto the meet point @ sainburys c/p pinhoe exeter for 5pm before leaving for tiverton services and then onto The Skylark @ Wellington :P

The Sun is out ,what a great afternoon/evening for a ride 8)
So, are you still aiming to be at junction 27 services at 1830 hrs? Looks like there'll be at least three of us there - Fozz, Gimlet & me.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
R1raven

Post by R1raven »

Yes m8 definately by 18.30 :-bd