Sunday 30th September - Dirty Dozen Ride

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fozz
Learner Driver
First Name: Colin

Re: Sunday 30th September - Dirty Dozen Ride

Post by Fozz »

You all have a good,safe ride tomorrow,im not jealous at all, :((
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

Evening Phil will meet at smilies cafe & tag on to one of your scenic routes πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
chr1s
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by chr1s »

Great day today, good long ride and we'll all kept together well, including the bikes with only one ktm throwing a minor tantrum...Thanks guys, esp Phil and Brian for blazing the way and Andy for tec. Cheers.
royb
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Roy

Post by royb »

Thanks to Brian and Phil for an excellent route with corners a plenty. With food arranged, what more could you want.
The overcast skies seems to have kept the general population indoors and therefore the roads empty......wonderful.

Thanks guys for your company.
Shooey
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Post by Shooey »

What a ride?!!! Ticked every box!!

Brian and Phil - route legends!! Thank you!!
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

Was a totally brilliant ride!

Well planned route and fantastic lunch break stop, lovely pastie & chips and great scenery.
Sorry for the delay I caused... but in my bikes defence, it was a failing of the MRA screen I'd added and not anything to do with my lovely KTM.
New bolts will be ordered shortly and loctite will be applied when re-installing.

Big thanks to Brian & Phil for the route planning & leading, and not forgetting Andy for TEC/straggler sweeping duties.
Thanks to everyone else too as it was good pace and we all stayed safe.

Just need to clean my bike up now as she looked mint when I set off but came back looking very dusty/dirty, gonna need a proper wash and not just a quick wipe over to clear the flies. I'm assuming Brian or Phil will be round soon to deal with that? :)):

See you on the next one guys. :D
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

Had a great ride yesterday - 270 miles all in by bthe time I got back to Torquay (and had to cut the grass.....hence peeling off at Crediton).

Playing TEC means you get to follow everyone in the group at some point.......some interesting lines through the corners!!

Thanks to Phil and Brian for leading a progressive ride over a variety of roads - and especially liked the detour to fix the flat tyre as I'd never been on that road up to Simonsbath so one for the memory bank.

Good to see that KTM's were in the majority.........you'll all get drawn in eventually
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller πŸ™„
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Just to say thanks to all that made the rideout on Sunday.
Great company, great laughs, some great new scenery in part 1 especialy (thanks Brian) - and on mostly traffic-free roads throughout the day. A good standard of 'making progress' riding was enjoyed. We had a hot lunch in a stunning location. There were no bike-tarmac, bike-hedge interfaces or red flags along the way - although I wonder if there's ever been a KTM issue-free rideout in recent memory (see Jug's post above for sordid details :shock: ).
A big thanks to Andy (Ming) for TEC-ing very efficiently on both routes - hope you don't plan to publish your observations on all the various hairpin antics you saw :D !
All-in-all, a great day.
Thanks again to all who came along and made it a great day out; here's to the next one . . . . . . .!

See the 'Rideout Pic's' section for a list of the day's protagonists - I managed to keep myself out of all of them, there was enough grey hair there as it was!
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

Robbo87 wrote: ↑Oct 1st, '18, 15:58 hope you don't plan to publish your observations on all the various hairpin antics you saw :D !
Don't worry mate - what happens on tour stays on tour!

Although the term "using all of the road" was taken to extremes a couple of times.....spilling over to "using all of the road and other roads adjoining the specified route....."
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller πŸ™„
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

As all above a really good pace don't know what you mean about using the roads to extrem Andy 😜😜😜😜
Thanks to Brian & Phill for great route & food stop & andy for tec
Great ride with a great bunch of people πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso