Sunday Sept 30th - Exeter Distinguished Gentlemens Ride

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Sunday Sept 30th - Exeter Distinguished Gentlemens Ride

Post by TLS-Moose »

Anyone know anything about this? anyone going? Apparently leaves Bridge and goes to Dawlish Warren on Sunday morning?
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Re: Sunday Sept 30th - Exeter Distinguished Gentlemens Ride

Post by ptolemyx »

Dunno, we're doing the Dirty Dozen ride :mrgreen:
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
bambam
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jon

Post by bambam »

I think there is a car /bike rally at lady’s mile camp site with the crash box club so may be to do with that.

https://www.ladysmile.co.uk/whats-on/be ... ober-2018/
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

Riding Dapper for a Cause: A Brief History of The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride.

On Sunday September 30th 2018, over 120,000 distinguished gentlefolk in over 650 cities worldwide will don their cravats, tustle their ties, press their tweed, and sit astride their classic and vintage styled motorcycles to raise funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and men's mental health.

The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride was founded in Sydney, Australia by Mark Hawwa. It was inspired by a photo of Mad Men’s Don Draper astride a classic bike and wearing his finest suit. Mark decided a themed ride would be a great way to combat the often-negative stereotype of men on motorcycles, whilst connecting niche motorcycle communities together.

That first ride in 2012 brought together over 2,500 riders across 64 cities. The success of the event encouraged the founder to consider how it could be used to support a worthy cause.

https://www.gentlemansride.com
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson