Four Counties Rideout - Sunday 28th October

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AndyW
Learner Driver

Re: Four Counties Rideout - Sunday 28th October

Post by AndyW »

Ummmm......where is everyone? Here at Hillbrush for some time.....shoulda swapped contact numbers! :doh:
www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
Motorcycle Info Pages
AndyW
Learner Driver

Post by AndyW »

Home.....hope dntu wasn't due to anything bad.....nice run across the Mendips for me so not a total loss.
www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
Motorcycle Info Pages
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Did it go ok today? Did it happen?
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Pebble
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Post by Pebble »

Only me Phil and Roy turned up, I fired back to Bridgy when we hit Dorcheser,Should've worn something warmer.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

A big thanks to the hardy souls who turned up and made the route planning worthwhile :-bd .

It started off a bit on the chilly side (hope you've thawed out by now Pebb's!), but it warmed up nicely around 0930 hrs and the roads stayed clear and dry all day - no dramas or off-roading(!) was had and the full 230 mile+ four-county route was covered as planned.

Conclusion:
1. There are some great roads east of God's county if you take the time and trouble to look (but IMHO for the best smiles per mile, you still can't beat Devon!).
2. To prove/disprove the above I may be open to bribes of coffee and cake to repeat the run in the future - hardy souls only need apply!
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

AndyW wrote: Oct 28th, '18, 11:19 Ummmm......where is everyone? Here at Hillbrush for some time.....shoulda swapped contact numbers! :doh:
My apologies Andy; if I'd had your number I would've rung you and asked you to hang on. We stopped at the Top O' The Town Cafe in Dorchester to thaw out Pebble (also my finger tips!) and to wrap our mitts around mugs of hot tea ~o) ~o) ~o) - note to self: 'must invest in new heated grips!' It put us behind schedule and we eventualy got to Hillbrush around midday. The cafe was jammed so we hiked on down to the Angel Corner Tea Rooms in Mere and had lunch there.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Robbo87 wrote: Oct 28th, '18, 23:57 1. There are some great roads east of God's county if you take the time and trouble to look (but IMHO for the best smiles per mile, you still can't beat Devon!).
2. To prove/disprove the above I may be open to bribes of coffee and cake to repeat the run in the future - hardy souls only need apply!
Robbo87

Seriously interested in learning some differant routes don’t get me wrong the roads up through mid Devon are great but when that is all you ever ride gets a bit sameish and looking for some new tarmac.

I have had a shit year the second half of the year and my poor bike has been tucked away in the garage for most of it and can’t see that changing much before 2019. However would like to start the new year with new roads would be seriously interested in knowing some new routes and be interested to discuss. More then happy to supply coffe and cake to smooth the conversation.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
AndyW
Learner Driver

Post by AndyW »

Robbo87 wrote: Oct 29th, '18, 00:20
AndyW wrote: Oct 28th, '18, 11:19 Ummmm......where is everyone? Here at Hillbrush for some time.....shoulda swapped contact numbers! :doh:
My apologies Andy; if I'd had your number I would've rung you and asked you to hang on. We stopped at the Top O' The Town Cafe in Dorchester to thaw out Pebble (also my finger tips!) and to wrap our mitts around mugs of hot tea ~o) ~o) ~o) - note to self: 'must invest in new heated grips!' It put us behind schedule and we eventualy got to Hillbrush around midday. The cafe was jammed so we hiked on down to the Angel Corner Tea Rooms in Mere and had lunch there.
No worries Phil.....all part of the joys of biking lol
Text me so I have your number for the future, will message you with mine.
www.MotorcycleInfo.co.uk
Motorcycle Info Pages
royb
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Roy

Post by royb »

We were a bit late leaving Andy, cause we were waiting for the other riders on the list (they didn't turn up). Must have been too cold. Wooose.
Enjoyed the ride Phil; the weather was fine(motorcyclist have been lucky this year with mainly good weather). Only more recently have we had the rain. Now and again there were cars perched on some brilliant bends, but then again it kept us safe.
Hope you've got thicker clothing next time Dave; you certainly were shivering, and was at least willing to give it a try. I hope you are warmed up by now.
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

Apologies for not making it yesterday phill bloody car broke down on the m6 (lost all lecky) & didn't get home until nearly 8 only had it 10 days still under warenty so the garage got it today
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Is the car a KTM :mrgreen:
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

Envy.jpg
:wink: :)):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

ptolemyx wrote: Oct 30th, '18, 07:06 Is the car a KTM :mrgreen:
It's ok Alan, he gets confused by things that have to go round corners. :)): :)): it's straght line or nothing =))

you'd think he owns a gixxer =)) =)) =))
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.