Magnificent 7 – Sunday 10th March 9.00 a.m.

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shooey
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Magnificent 7 – Sunday 10th March 9.00 a.m.

Post by Shooey »

Magnificent 7 – Saturday 12th January 10.00 a.m.

(Subject to weather conditions)

7 riders only (Plus TEC)

Once the 7 has been established, putting their name down for this ride out, each rider in turn will be sent a PM (private message), by me, with a starting point. It will be the riders responsibility to put together a 20 to 30 mile route, keeping the route strictly to themselves, only notifying me, by return PM, of the end point of their route. This will allow me to inform the next rider of THEIR starting point. And so on.

TEC – Tail End Charlie – a volunteer needed and will be informed of the entire route once it has been established. TEC to stay as TEC for entire route.

Outcome:

7 Riders meet at the starting point chosen by me.

Rider 1 leads ride out on his/her predetermined route, of which only he/she is aware of, for 20 – 30 miles finishing at his/her end point which will also be - Rider 2’s starting point.

Rider 2 leads ride out on his/her predetermined route, of which only he/she is aware of, for 20 – 30 miles finishing at his/her end point which will also be - Rider 3’s starting point.

Rider 3 leads ride out on his/her predetermined route, of which only he/she is aware of, for 20 – 30 miles finishing at his/her end point which will also be - Rider 4’s starting point.

Rider 4 leads ride out on his/her predetermined route, of which only he/she is aware of, for 20 – 30 miles finishing at his/her end point which will also be - Rider 5’s starting point.

Rider 5 leads ride out on his/her predetermined route, of which only he/she is aware of, for 20 – 30 miles finishing at his/her end point which will also be - Rider 6’s starting point.

Rider 6 leads ride out on his/her predetermined route, of which only he/she is aware of, for 20 – 30 miles finishing at his/her end point which will also be - Rider 7’s starting point.

Rider 7 leads ride out on his/her predetermined route, of which only he/she is aware of, for 20 – 30 miles finishing at his/her end point which will also conclude the ride out!

Between 140 and 210 mile ride with a bit of mystery thrown in for good measure!
Your chance to plan a route and lead a ride out, without the pressure of planning and leading a full ride out.

To put your name down, copy and paste this list, adding your name in any of the spaces available – this does not have to be in order!:

7. Shooey (Putting myself down as number 7 – in order to finish the ride somewhere close to where we started!)
TEC:
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Re: Magnificent 7 – Saturday 12th January 10.00 a.m.

Post by ptolemyx »

To put your name down, copy and paste this list, adding your name in any of the spaces available – this does not have to be in order!:

1. ptolemyx
7. Shooey (Putting myself down as number 7 – in order to finish the ride somewhere close to where we started!)
TEC:
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

1. ptolemyx
6.billinom8s
TEC:
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

1. ptolemyx
2. Robbo87
6.billinom8s
TEC:
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

ptolemyx
2. Robbo87
6.billinom8s
TEC:Ming, if you want me to
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
royb
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Roy

Post by royb »

1. ptolemyx
2. Robbo87
3. royb
6. billinom8s
chr1s
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by chr1s »

With my shocking sense of direction, this'll be a laugh!!

1. ptolemyx
2. Robbo87
3. royb
4. Chr1s
6. billinom8s
royb
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Roy

Post by royb »

Once the 7 has been established, putting their name down for this ride out, each rider in turn will be sent a PM (private message), by me, with a starting point. It will be the riders responsibility to put together a 20 to 30 mile route, keeping the route strictly to themselves, only notifying me, by return PM, of the end point of their route. This will allow me to inform the next rider of THEIR starting point. And so on.

This sounds exciting Paul..........I wonder where we are going. Even my wife is interested--the puzzle, not the riding experience. :)

With 7 routes, say 3 days each to plan and get back; that's Christmas plus 21 days. Not much time folks.

With so many involved in the planning, hope the weather is kind on the day. :) :)
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

Whose sorting a lunch stop? 🍔🥗
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

i guess that depends on ride start time.

looking at the rules, each leader could factor in a pit stop for food.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

I'm # 2 and it maybe a bit early on but, depending on where Brian of the Busa pursasion starts me off, I'll see about factoring in a coffee and cake stop for # 3 (royb) to take over from ~o) .
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Millsyboy
Learner Driver

Post by Millsyboy »

i'm in
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Looks like we have the magnificent seven then:-

1. ptolemyx
2. Robbo87
3. royb
4. Chr1s
5. Millsyboy
6. billinom8s
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Shooey
Learner Driver

Post by Shooey »

Starting point:

Route 5 (American Diner)
Haldon Hill, Devon Expressway, Kennford, Exeter EX6 7XS

Saturday 12th January 2019

Fueled and ready to ride - departure 10.00 a.m.

Ptolemyx - to lead first leg.
Ming - TEC (Thanks!!!!)

Good luck gents putting route together, remember to keep your stage/leg/route to yourself.

Please PM ME (ONLY) - your route and end point ASAP - there are concerns about getting the entire route sorted in time, so your swift attention to getting you own stage/leg/route sorted would be appreciated.

Thanks. Fingers crossed for some fairly decent weather!
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

. . . . . Over to you Busa Brian, you're the first leg man (I know all your secrets :wink: ) and therefore in the driving seat to kick off :) .
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.