Thruxton 24th July...BSB

Look in here for all other biking events and biker friendly places...

Moderator: Staff

Terrier
Learner Driver
First Name: wayne

Re: Thruxton 24th July...BSB

Post by Terrier »

I use http://www.xcweather.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; a lot, it don't look good at the track mid day. Checking Amesbury weather see's light rain most of day. As usual, check tomoz on the day and take some wet gear.
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

I don't know whether any of you guys made it to Thruxton but the weather wasn't too bad, a couple of minutes of very light rain just before bsb race 2. There was light drizzle on the way home but not an issue for me as I only live 20 miles from the circuit. Hope anyone heading back towards the peninsula stayed dry.
Bit more comfortable than yesterday when it was scorchio. I locked lid and jacket to the bike but was proper boiling in the bag walking around the paddock in boots and leather strides but massive ups to Twig from True Heroes Racing who offered me to leave them in their awning (I had shorts under them and a pair of trainers in my rucksack)
I was told yesterday that the Riders for Health helmet bus would be there today but it wasn't, probably due to the charity being wound up on account of being unable to cover operating costs in the uk. Fortunately it was less of an issue today but I'd still warmed up quite a bit by the time I'd walked round to the complex.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
skippy
SWB Subscriber

Post by skippy »

Yeh, was there scotty, me and oli[my son] first time for him.........we were opposte the big screen at the complex......late start for us on way up.........but yes weather not too bad..........great ride up and back.........saw and met up with some mates up there..........great brecky at cartgate........Got yer text Red5........but did not find u.........
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Missed you guys there. Met up with Si Cramer and Brooky in the end, saw Farmer Matt to. All in similar area it turns out.
Great day racing and weather was pretty dam spot on. A few minutes of heavy drizzle but no more, until happily in car half way down the A303, pitying all those motorcyclists :| Most still manage a nod or a wave to my nephew as he waved to pretty much all of them.. friendly bunch these motorcyclists :-bd
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
graham22
Learner Driver

Post by graham22 »

Good day also. Went up Saturday morning & popped into Crescent Suzuki as well as Sammy Miller's museum before staying in New Milton.

Were opposite the big screen too inbetween going to BMW VIP hospitality (free food!).

Yes it rained on the way back, a couple of big downpours but as it looked clear the other side, didn't stop for waterproofs. The 100 dry miles back from Exeter means the bike & kit needs de-flying big time.