Hartland quay hillclimb sunday 7th Oct

Look in here for all other biking events and biker friendly places...

Moderator: Staff

Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Hartland quay hillclimb sunday 7th Oct

Post by Mervin »

Ywes folks its Hartland quay hillclimb time again , this sunday, starts about 10 am goes on until about 4.30 , you have to go to haryland village from the A39 then follow the road through the village to another village /Hamlet called Stoke with a huge church tower , follow road past church , at the end of that road is the quay , parking at the top , and walk down they no longer let bikes follow the competitors down after a run , nice hotel with bar and food at the bottom of the hill

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Re: Hartland quay hillclimb sunday 7th Oct

Post by Robbo87 »

...... and if you came on the Dirty Dozen rideout on the 30th September you'll know exactly where it is, how to get there and what a great venue it is; if you didn't, you missed out. Whatever, go there and see some top class bike action.

Or go here and experience some proper handlebar-to-handlebar racing - same day, different county:
Roche Boarded circuit grasstrack 7th October.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

yes i noticed that was on this weekend when i passed there on friday
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Buggs
Learner Driver
First Name: ross

Post by Buggs »

We went as usual, but what I'm confused about is the new hill climb down Perran claims be the first to use a closed public road, is this a false claim?
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Buggs wrote: Oct 13th, '18, 08:43 We went as usual, but what I'm confused about is the new hill climb down Perran claims be the first to use a closed public road, is this a false claim?
No, it's a completely true statement.

Places like Hartland, Widecombe, Tregrehan, Castle (Lostwithiel) are all private roads which (in some cases) the public are able to use. The event organised by Truro motor club at Watergate Bay actually used a public highway, specially closed for the event.

This came about due to a change in legislation a couple of years ago.
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

Sadly due to health reasons the star of many hillclimbs and general all round brilliant bloke also husband of the clerk of the course Tony Bracey can no longer compete , but he brought his bikes with him just to show us the latest streamlined fairing on the BSA sprinter, But he spent most of he day outside the ladies toilet with the starting block that prevents competitors roling back into the ladies

Hunter S Thompson
Fozz
Learner Driver
First Name: Colin

Post by Fozz »

Hmm,liking the new fairing design,Cant help noticing part of it looks likes a particular road/hazard marking item in second picture :-? :)):
Buggs
Learner Driver
First Name: ross

Post by Buggs »

TLS-Moose wrote: Oct 13th, '18, 11:32
Buggs wrote: Oct 13th, '18, 08:43 We went as usual, but what I'm confused about is the new hill climb down Perran claims be the first to use a closed public road, is this a false claim?
No, it's a completely true statement.

Places like Hartland, Widecombe, Tregrehan, Castle (Lostwithiel) are all private roads which (in some cases) the public are able to use. The event organised by Truro motor club at Watergate Bay actually used a public highway, specially closed for the event.

This came about due to a change in legislation a couple of years ago.
Thanks for that, I assumed it was public