The next saga of my biking journey

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Re: The next saga of my biking journey

Post by menzies3032 »

Tractorwackyracer wrote: Aug 27th, '20, 16:53 There are two comm denominators in this thread

One
You cant control your right wrist ! which to most of us was funny twenty years ago Now just makes you dangerous in my opinion

Two
Your YOUTUBE CHANNEL ffs I hope your going to give SWB a bung from the money your getting through all your self promoting

You’ll probably never be allowed to buy a new bike anyway 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
A tad harsh Mark

One - I can control my wrist and understand what i'm doing that why i am changing my bike. I just want something that feels fun. Only been back riding 10 years not 20 and its my consciousness of hazard awareness on the road that is the reason i'm am limiting risk so would like to think I am far from dangerous

Two - I post the YouTube links as its about bikes and this is a biking forum. Not making anybody watch them and from the views on my channel and the analytics I can see only a very small number do.

and i am 100% getting a new bike else why would i be doing this?????
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

Keep up the good work Rob. It's takes balls to put yourself in front of the camera and expose yourself to the public (but not literally I hope).
I wouldn't do it.

I was pleased to read that you are now favouring the BMW.
MV just doesn't get what a road bike should be.. and as pretty as the Brutale is it's just a rev hungry sports bike in naked clothing which is what you said you were trying to get away from.

It took me buying the SD990 to appreciate this, although I already suspected it.
I knew I didn't want a sports bike when I returned to road riding in 2015. I ended up with my mates Hornet 600 as I really didn't know what I wanted but I soon sold it and went looking for 1 litre V-twin instead.
Having a bike with an engine which is optimised for power at lower revs is more fun & more useful on the road.
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Thanks Jug_Inspector appreciate it :ymhug:

I have to say first impressions about the MV were "its pretty" and "exciting" but the more I have thought about it, it felt exciting for the wrong reasons. From a BMW perspective the moment I used my head its clear this ticks all the boxes. Although might not look quite as good, the experience and everything about it is spot on for what I am looking for.

Now to wait a week and do the Z900, GSXS750 and MT09 and see if they bring a new dimension to the mix or just get ignored as quickly as the 765RS did. :shock: :80: :-w :-w :-w
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Triumph are prototyping the trident.
Might be worth a look at. 7k new ball park.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

I know where you're coming from Rob, I rode sports bikes from 1985 (Harris Magnum 2 - most members better google that, don't see many about nowadays) until 2015, the last 11 years being on a ZX-10R. Pretty much all the way through that period I was on bikes that not only goaded the rider to go ever faster by just feeling wrong when you weren't, but also made it ridiculously easy to achieve. I'm now riding the most powerful bike that I've ever owned (1290 SDR), but the power spread is so wide and usable that I rarely get anywhere near the red-line and don't exceed 100mph that often. Sure, the bike will go way past the ton, but unlike when on a sports bike, I really know about it when it does. I've literally never enjoyed road riding as much as I do now, and I've been doing it for 42 years (included in that period is 20 years of racing and trackdays). From 1980 to 2015 I had a diet of Japanese fours, but I wouldn't be interested in one now, I much prefer the delivery of a large capacity V-twin, much better suited to road riding. Triples are usually pretty flexible (in comparison to similar capacity fours), but it would appear that the MV engine was exactly the same spec as the sports bike it came from - peaky and gutless below 7k - fine on track, but tiresome on the road when having to change down twice to make a safe overtake. At least BMW re-tune ex-sports bike motors for road applications (e.g. S1000RR to S1000R). I'd expect the MT09 to have the most enjoyable road bike engine of all your demos, but the suspension isn't the best balanced from what I've read.
We await your opinions with interest.... Or, you could stop dicking around and just get a 1290 :-bd As Mark points out above, if your right wrist control is suspect, should you be considering anything bigger than an ER-6? :-? ;)
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
Tractorwackyracer
Learner Driver
First Name: mark

Post by Tractorwackyracer »

Hi rob sorry if you think my comments were a tad harsh but I say it as I see it a spade is a spade and all that 🤷‍♂️You put yourself out there don’t expect everything to be positive or for everyone to agree

A bit like scotty although never raced but have been riding for 35 plus years done a lot of track time gave it up because of wannabe Rossi riders crashing and wasting my track time and my money So took up green Lanning / off road riding
All of these disciplines require good throttle clutch and brake control ! !
The other major factor in this is obviously the twat on the bike !
Now I have seen first hand your twatish riding on several occasions ( I am no angel ) but know where to draw the line
This thread has gone on and on with several people tellI got you that all of these bikes still have the potential to turn you or anyone into that twat
In fact any bike can pretty much do that it’s a fact
All the rider aids in the world won’t help you or slow you down or save you
I have ridden several with all the bells and whistles and in the end just turn then off or put in one mode and never touch again I own a couple
The other thing that has been said several times is that YOU are in control of the throttle it goes both ways and knowing when and where and how much is a fine art ( I am no expert) just saying

As for your constant YOUTUBE plugging it annoys me that the likes of Simon moose and other members of the staff have worked for years for nothing to keep the forum going
Your constant self promoting of your channel to get more views and more subscribers only works one way in my opinion £££ and no people don’t have to watch it but it’s the continuous plugging Say it once it would be enough
You were taken on as a staff member to SWB to promote more traffic on social media etc NOT yourself
I and everyone else appreciates all the work everyone puts in to keep the forum going but it shouldn’t be done for self gains

If anyone is interested I have just tested the Yamaha Tenere T7 at the Yamaha off road school full report on my YouTube channel NOT 😂😂😂😂😂
Tractorwackyracer
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Hey mark what is that yamaha tenere t7 like??
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Tractorwackyracer
Learner Driver
First Name: mark

Post by Tractorwackyracer »

Hi Ian it was was a very good bike really surprised how well it coped with everything
Tractorwackyracer
jer r1
SWB Subscriber
First Name: jerry

Post by jer r1 »

Tractorwackyracer wrote: Aug 30th, '20, 10:42 Hi rob sorry if you think my comments were a tad harsh but I say it as I see it a spade is a spade and all that 🤷‍♂️You put yourself out there don’t expect everything to be positive or for everyone to agree

A bit like scotty although never raced but have been riding for 35 plus years done a lot of track time gave it up because of wannabe Rossi riders crashing and wasting my track time and my money So took up green Lanning / off road riding
All of these disciplines require good throttle clutch and brake control ! !
The other major factor in this is obviously the twat on the bike !
Now I have seen first hand your twatish riding on several occasions ( I am no angel ) but know where to draw the line
This thread has gone on and on with several people tellI got you that all of these bikes still have the potential to turn you or anyone into that twat
In fact any bike can pretty much do that it’s a fact
All the rider aids in the world won’t help you or slow you down or save you
I have ridden several with all the bells and whistles and in the end just turn then off or put in one mode and never touch again I own a couple
The other thing that has been said several times is that YOU are in control of the throttle it goes both ways and knowing when and where and how much is a fine art ( I am no expert) just saying

As for your constant YOUTUBE plugging it annoys me that the likes of Simon moose and other members of the staff have worked for years for nothing to keep the forum going
Your constant self promoting of your channel to get more views and more subscribers only works one way in my opinion £££ and no people don’t have to watch it but it’s the continuous plugging Say it once it would be enough
You were taken on as a staff member to SWB to promote more traffic on social media etc NOT yourself
I and everyone else appreciates all the work everyone puts in to keep the forum going but it shouldn’t be done for self gains

If anyone is interested I have just tested the Yamaha Tenere T7 at the Yamaha off road school full report on my YouTube channel NOT 😂😂😂😂😂
Couldn't agree more, if the mindset doesn't change you'll ride like a prat on an ap50.
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

It is amazing how polarizing this topic is with bikers.. some get it.. some don't.

In short you ride to get exhilaration from your bike, and that can be taking it easy or cracking on. Each person is different hence why there are so many different sizes and shapes of bike. Different bikes can deliver the required amount of exhilaration at different speeds but some are just too slow or gutless as we are riding roads and not gokart tracks.
However some do it well.. and without being in triple figures.
jer r1
SWB Subscriber

Post by jer r1 »

Riding like a flower pot isn't just down to speed , like I said if the mindset doesn't change it doesn't matter what you ride.
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
jer r1
SWB Subscriber

Post by jer r1 »

Been censored again
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

lol - I was puzzled at just what riding like a "flower pot" entailed.
jer r1
SWB Subscriber

Post by jer r1 »

Try twat.
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
jer r1
SWB Subscriber