The next saga of my biking journey

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Re: The next saga of my biking journey

Post by TLS-Moose »

I can't believe there are many (any?) relationships where one partner would spend that level of money without discussing it with the other? Not much of a "partnership" if so, is it ......

Heyhoo, not my money, not my relationship, not my business ...... But I stick with my perspective, which Ian's last comment summarises nicely :-bd

I could never bear to pay interest on the purchase of a depreciating asset - it's a double whammy!
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

TLS-Moose wrote: Jul 6th, '20, 21:43 I can't believe there are many (any?) relationships where one partner would spend that level of money without discussing it with the other? Not much of a "partnership" if so, is it ......
So instead does just renewing a PCP contract every 3 years (with the required upfront deposit) negate the necessity to discuss it?
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Pass. As I've said, I wouldn't be in that position. Plus my dogs don't seem to have a handle on how money works. Perhaps I might try explaining it in terms of bonio's :-? x_x =))

That is what Rob infers though :-bd
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Tractorwackyracer
Learner Driver
First Name: mark

Post by Tractorwackyracer »

TLS-Moose wrote: Jul 6th, '20, 21:43 I can't believe there are many (any?) relationships where one partner would spend that level of money without discussing it with the other? Not much of a "partnership" if so, is it ......

Heyhoo, not my money, not my relationship, not my business ......
Well perhaps I / we are odd, we both work hard and as long as all the bills are paid what difference does it make what I or the other half spend our money on
If I want to spend it on a bike or a pair of jeans I see little difference i have earns it and life is short if she wants a dress handbag shoes new car if she wants to and can afford to it’s not a problem I am not going to say no
The discussion goes something like this thinking of changing the bike love, oh ok which one, the Orange One, oh nice when’s it coming
But I certainly wouldn’t get involved in any finance otherwise I wouldn’t buy in the first place
And that’s about it
Tractorwackyracer
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Tractorwackyracer wrote: Jul 6th, '20, 23:45

Heyhoo, not my money, not my relationship, not my business ......
Well perhaps I / we are odd, we both work hard and as long as all the bills are paid what difference does it make what I or the other half spend our money on
If I want to spend it on a bike or a pair of jeans I see little difference i have earns it and life is short if she wants a dress handbag shoes new car if she wants to and can afford to it’s not a problem I am not going to say no
The discussion goes something like this thinking of changing the bike love, oh ok which one, the Orange One, oh nice when’s it coming
But I certainly wouldn’t get involved in any finance otherwise I wouldn’t buy in the first place
And that’s about it

Here here :-bd
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

When I buy a Bike, I say cash and keep it forever. Only sell it when it becomes surplus to requirement.
None of my bikes owe me anything.

New new bikes these days seem to by beta testers, lots of issues for the gen 1 that the owner has to discover rather than the r&d department.I don't get paid r&d wages so won't be working for them for free.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Guys great conversation and welcome the feedback it seems there are many ideas on how to find your motorbike and also money sense so that every penny counts. It’s very clear to me to that the way I am going to buy a bike is not the most financially sensible .... however... it works for me. If I am to buy a bike (new or second hand) it will only work for me if the savings don’t get hit in a massive way and I can afford to pay it monthly. I know that after this purchase if I were to loose my job I could still continue on my savings for 3 to 6 months before I needed to panic. For me this works. Not to say it works for everybody.

Either way looking forward to some shiny metal. Really looking forward to some test rides and will take the GoPro with me so can feedback to you guys and take you with me.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Ruffian

Post by Ruffian »

So rob how is the bike hunt going??
Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Post by Kata »

Well I wanted a new bike.y money doesn't earn anything in the bank. I got the bike on PCP.

However it's interest free so basically I'm treating it like a light up front bank loan then I'll buy it at the end.

Swings and roundabouts only more cause I can zip around on it. :-)
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

Ruffian wrote: Jul 20th, '20, 19:37 So rob how is the bike hunt going??
Well did have test rides arranged for a Triumph 765, a Kawasaki Z900 and a BMW F900R all sorted but my mum died and had to go to Spain to help my dad sort stuff out and now I am coming back from Spain the government wants me to sit in a corner for the next 14 days so will have to rearrange for end if August. At least that will help me to book up the test rides on the rest.

Seen your selling the speed triple Ian have to have a think about that one. Is not in my current planning but just maybe.....
julesh
Learner Driver
First Name: julian

Post by julesh »

Sorry for your loss Rob
Ruffian

Post by Ruffian »

menzies3032 wrote: Jul 29th, '20, 12:43
Ruffian wrote: Jul 20th, '20, 19:37 So rob how is the bike hunt going??
Well did have test rides arranged for a Triumph 765, a Kawasaki Z900 and a BMW F900R all sorted but my mum died and had to go to Spain to help my dad sort stuff out and now I am coming back from Spain the government wants me to sit in a corner for the next 14 days so will have to rearrange for end if August. At least that will help me to book up the test rides on the rest.

Seen your selling the speed triple Ian have to have a think about that one. Is not in my current planning but just maybe.....

Sorry to hear that rob.
Thought with you.
Well your more than welcome to come and test ride it.
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

Sorry for your loss Rob .
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

Thanks for the kind words guys. :ymhug:
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

Capture.JPG
First Impression - This thing looks beautiful but also has the price tag to go with it. Will it live up and beat the competition for the price im not so sure. Going up against the Triumph tripple and all of that equipment I am looking for the MV to show me the character to make the bike so special and the reason to by it. but as a thing to look at how amazingly special.

Bike.....................Brutale 800 RR
List price...............£13,880.00
BHP......................104kW (at 12,300 rpm)
Torque..................87Nm (at 10,100 rpm)
Cylinders...............3
Brakes..................Brembo rubber Lines
Quick Shifter..........Yes
Traction control......Yes
Power modes..........Yes
ABS......................Yes
Screen type............ Black LCD screen
Tyres....................Pirelli Rosso III
Suspension Front......Marzocchi “UPSIDE DOWN” aluminium telescopic hydraulic fork with DLC treatment ,with anodized fork legs and having rebound compression damping and spring preload external and separate adjustment
Suspension Rear....... Progressive Sachs, single shock absorber with rebound and compression damping and spring preload adjustment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.