Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

Simmo
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Vans

Post by Simmo »

Hi all

Thinking about getting a van. Any recommendations? Thought about Peugeot expert or similar, would this be big enough to transport a bike in ? Or if not I guess a Transit Swb maybe ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.
Always try just one more time. -Thomas Edison

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Vans

Post by billinom8s »

Yeah, not big enough.
You'll need a swb of some kind
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

I have a Berlingo not had a bike in it but if my measurments are correct it should go in ok you can get a lwb version that would deffo be long enough, that steel plate comes out and attaches behind trhe drivers seat
berlingoloadingbay1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

Depends what bike you want to move. If it's the 790Adv in your pic you'll need a SWB Transit sized one. I had an older 06 plate Peugeot Expert and managed to get 2 CRF trail bikes in that, but a road bike is so much bigger.
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Fozz
Learner Driver
First Name: Colin

Post by Fozz »

I have a Citroen relay swb, can fit one road bike in easily and if i remove racking from both sides two will fit!.
podrick
Learner Driver

Post by podrick »

I've got a 2019 standard wheel base Expert, racking down one side, bikes fit in no problem. Sportsbikes and Enduro. Anything a bit tall will need the mirrors and maybe the screen removing though
Simmo
Learner Driver

Post by Simmo »

podrick wrote: Feb 26th, '21, 16:25 I've got a 2019 standard wheel base Expert, racking down one side, bikes fit in no problem. Sportsbikes and Enduro. Anything a bit tall will need the mirrors and maybe the screen removing though
Sounds good. That’s what I figured looking at the dimensions. Only thing I thought was that the length might be a bit touch and go. I would probably only be using it for my TTR250. Got any pics of yours with the bike n ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Post by Tvrv37 »

Is this van going to be your everyday drive or just used occasionally? Also what's your budget as vans have got very expensive lately. I use a Nissan NV400 which is a re-badged Renault Master. Will happily swallow three bikes plus gear and you can stand upright in it.
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
podrick
Learner Driver

Post by podrick »

None with the enduro bike in there, but here's the R1
IMG_0623.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Simmo
Learner Driver

Post by Simmo »

Tvrv37 wrote: Feb 27th, '21, 16:09 Is this van going to be your everyday drive or just used occasionally? Also what's your budget as vans have got very expensive lately. I use a Nissan NV400 which is a re-badged Renault Master. Will happily swallow three bikes plus gear and you can stand upright in it.
Hi

I do very few miles/year anyway. So it wouldn’t get huge amount of use, so yeah occasional use. Budget max of £5000. As long as the engines sound and it has an MOT all good.

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

You'll get a lot of van for that budget.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
jer r1
SWB Subscriber
First Name: jerry

Post by jer r1 »

But anything without a million miles or from a garage will be plus VAT.
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

I got a 2015 berlingo no vat recently, at a local garage saw it the day he advertised it , called in friday afternoon had a quick look and said 95% i will have it but as the artic i was driving was half blocking the road and i had to get to a load said I will come back in the morning and have a test drive etc , I got back Saturday morning he said lucky you came in when you did I had 10 calls about that van after you left , he said as son as you mention no vat the phone goes mental
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

I may have just the thing. Been thinking about selling my Vito for a while now. MOT is due on Monday so just waiting for a response from the garage as it needs a service too. Not sure about price yet.
Running on MT
Simmo
Learner Driver

Post by Simmo »

goatpants wrote: Mar 2nd, '21, 17:56 I may have just the thing. Been thinking about selling my Vito for a while now. MOT is due on Monday so just waiting for a response from the garage as it needs a service too. Not sure about price yet.
Thanks, but I’ve now bought a Renault Trafic. \:D/