tyres that last !!

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

tickertyboo
Learner Driver

tyres that last !!

Post by tickertyboo »

rite then folks what tyre for a fazer thou bit tweeked and tuned im killing em in less than 1k :(( jay r6 has made a suggestion but your input will b appreciated !! not interested in cheap budget kill me quick jobs need ones that will cope with no chicken strip action and some longer steady trips :)
thanks boys and girls
Boo :-bd
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Re: tyres that last !!

Post by DynaMight »

You either get sticky tyres that don't last or harder tyres that last for ages. Some tyres like 2CT's are dual compound with a harder centre but from what I've read they don't last massively longer.

Just ride slower if you're worried about tyre longevity.
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

Bridgestone BT023's or Dunlop Roadsmarts or my personal preference Michelin Pilot Road 2s or 3's. You're always going to have a trade off with Mileage versus Grip but the new sports/touring tyres are probably as sticky as sports tyres were 3-4 years ago.
tickertyboo
Learner Driver

Post by tickertyboo »

ride S.L.O.W.E.R ?????? next suggestion = get a metro 998 gets 50k from one set of rubber =)) =)) =)) oh behave!!! mind you i hear tank track last for ever yup gonna get a tank !! sorted :)) :))
ZX6Rich
Learner Driver

Post by ZX6Rich »

Can vouch for the bridgestones 023s granted I never really pushed the sv but would do in the wet what it would do in the dry got about 9k from mine and that was inly coz I changed jobs hit the duel carridgeways and squared em off!!
Formally Joker1067
ninja1981
Learner Driver

Post by ninja1981 »

roadsmarts go in the centre easily,i had x3 sets on prev bikes,had old d207s too ,nice once warm but lasted minimal time in the summer lol before my latest choice,now running conti road attacks
(7mm tread as standard!)quick warm up time,good side grip aswell as centre,good in the wet and last yonks!!
(ive done numerous motorway blasts on current set)
next set of shoes for me are the newer conti road attack 2s,with a new compound so you dont have to bed them in,good to lean straight away aswell as the same charactaristics of the prev model,and all this from a sports touring tire! yes thats right,a sports touring tire!!!!
good write ups too.
thats my personal choice aswell as,i think ninja erik.
[align=center]RIP OFF MY SKIN....[/align]
[align=center]IM A NINJA INSIDE!!!![/align]
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

With the mileage my bike does, I don't tend to worry about wear rates too much ..... the last few sets of tyres have been either Hi-Sport race, Super-Corsa Pro's (SC1/SC2) or Diablo Corsa's and they last about 15-1800 miles.

One thing I learnt about my bike early on, having plenty of torque and a rear-wards weight bias (especially with me on it :blush ) is that traffic light grand-prix launches and whacking the throtle wide open at low speeds really kills the tyre - a more progressive throttle action works wonders 8)

The TL's have a reputation for killing tyres, and the Pilot 2CT's are highly thought of by many for the road :wink:

These Hi-Sports races lasted nearly 1500 miles
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
ZX6Rich
Learner Driver

Post by ZX6Rich »

I should also state I ran llandow twice on 023's and mallory on 021's without any fear of them letting go esp in the pissing rain!!
Formally Joker1067
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

I got around 4.5k miles from a rear RoadSmart on a ZX-10R, minimal motorway and cabbageway use meant that it didn't square off too badly...
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
tickertyboo
Learner Driver

Post by tickertyboo »

thanks for all your input ! went for conti road attack 2 will see how they go but write up is awsome,havent riden em yet jay r6 has my bike coss he killed his and we r puttin in a replacment plant :-?
cheers Boo
ninja1981
Learner Driver

Post by ninja1981 »

nearly fully scrubbed m8 lol
\m/
tickertyboo
Learner Driver

Post by tickertyboo »

good on ya Jay :!! no strips pls !!! enjoy m8 :)) :)) :)) :)) back brake aint as good as yours if you stand it up like i did yours tiss gonna end badly =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
ninja1981
Learner Driver

Post by ninja1981 »

dont plan on getting it that high tbh lol