Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

MattGreaves
Learner Driver
First Name: Matt

HJC visors

Post by MattGreaves »

Hi all,

Having some issues with the dark HJC visors recently whereby the catch keeps disintegrating and breaking away from the helmet...! I originally bought one with my helmet and that lasted for approx 12 months, so I purchased a replacement. This failed with the same issue within a month (probs used about 5 times in that period) and the vendor kindly replaced it no questions asked. However, went to go out yesterday and this one failed in exactly the same way... Grrr! The current broken one is about 2 months old so not sure where I go from here.

Has anyone either had this issue or suggest what to do next? Can I go back the vendor again? Any ideas greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Matt B-)
2016 MV Agusta F3 800
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: HJC visors

Post by billinom8s »

I would go back to the vendor, also approach the manufacturer via social media - twatter, facefook etc. It's on an open forum so lots can see, they will want to solve it quickly and quietly.

Also, what cleaner are you using? A few years back there was an issue with Auto Glym screen cleaner making plastic brittle.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
MattGreaves
Learner Driver

Post by MattGreaves »

Didn't think about social media to be honest. I did wonder if it was the cleaner - I'm using Muc-Off Helmet & Visor cleaner which come to think of it I didn't start using it until the summer so it is possible that it is that which is making them break.

Cheers for the advice
2016 MV Agusta F3 800
graham22
Learner Driver

Post by graham22 »

It's the Vaseline you're using to lube it. :)): :)):

Seriously thought, assume you're not using petroleum based lubricant on it, best check what's in Muc-off.
MattGreaves
Learner Driver

Post by MattGreaves »

God dammit, I knew I'd get caught out one day!

I've reported it back to the vendor and they have raised this with HJC on my behalf so we'll see what comes of it.
2016 MV Agusta F3 800
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

Vaseline can also be used for lubing chain and waterproofing boots and clothing.

Chips are excellent cooked in vaseline but it is, primarily, a hair-care product to prevent helmet-hair.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?