Be careful

Post by Millsyboy »

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Be careful

Post by billinom8s »

Save it for the track.

Says they were Racing but doesn't say at what speeds. Could have been playing the slow race nobrakes game.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

Wow!

Just how fast or how reckless do you need to have been riding in order to have needed bail, been given an insta'ban and be genuinely preparing for a stay at her majesty's convenience?

I think there's more to this one... they didn't get caught doing anything did they?
Unless they were being pursued and were fleeing.

Ah, just re-read the report.
"had previously pleaded guilty before magistrates to dangerous driving through the on the A379 and A381 through the South Hams on July 2 last year"

So a pair of repeat offenders... but still.. how do "they" know the pair were racing/speeding?
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Ducaki
Learner Driver
First Name: Nige

Post by Ducaki »

I think it reads that the offence was 2nd of July last year. They pleaded guilty at magistrates and its gone to crown for sentencing. Says nothing of damage caused.
Police might have got hold of their gopro footage, satnav log, or even Facebook comments. Or maybe they just over confessed using the wrong words in a statement.
ST4
DRZ400e
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

Yup, I just clicked the link to the original news article and sure enough it is just about the one offence.

So... what must they have been doing to get the book thrown at them, surely more than just racing?
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Probably cos' they were riding Hondas :P
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

Just heard on the news the old bill got their camera footage after one of em crashed
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Said on the news earlier they avoided jail, but had an 8mth suspended sentence imposed. They also have 12mth bans and must do 180hrs community service.

You'd get less for beating someone within an inch of their life after a Friday night on the lash ......

Speeds of up to 118mph were recorded (is non-calibrated owner equipment admissable now?)
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england ... met-camera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Millsyboy
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Post by Millsyboy »

Yes not the brightest. Looks orange, KTM?
Totally messed that corner up, was in middle of road
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Saw the clip of their own on the news. Looked like a normal "spirited" ride, albeit with a couple of dodgy manoeuvres including an overtake on a white line. Shouldn't have come off if his attention was on the ride, where he was on the road and where he wanted to be. Probably lost it because he was looking at his camera or self in mirror or down at his flashy Givi boots.....
Sentencing shows that the general public, and authorities have a dim perception of what a lot of us sometimes get up to. Perhaps the lesson is not to record yourself.....or ride "sensibly".....
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Gimlet
Learner Driver
First Name: Jim

Post by Gimlet »

Millsyboy wrote:Yes not the brightest. Looks orange, KTM?
Totally messed that corner up, was in middle of road
Yep looks like an RC8. Hope it wasn't an R, there aren't that many left.. :mrgreen: He wasn't going that fast and it was the mildest of bends. Can't have been looking where he was going. Probably had his eyes glued to the mirrors looking at what his mate was doing. All too easy to do when you're riding in a tight group or with a mate.
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

According to the original news link posted the two bikes involved were a KTM & a BMW.
In the clip shown you can see that his mate is in front, seems the KTM rider just messed up the corner and panicked, I guess...

What struck me most about this is that what they were doing was not too different than what most of us do from time to time... "Back roads" aren't generally policed and don't often have cameras... I think the lesson here is don't film yourself! :wink:
Mervin
SWB Subscriber

Post by Mervin »

Yup stupid recording yourself and the speedo . If you where a thief you would not wear a go pro when you break into a house would you ? would have to be bloody stupid if you did
Hunter S Thompson
Gimlet
Learner Driver
First Name: Jim

Post by Gimlet »

I've seen jail speeds visible on speedos on ride out videos posted on here. Don't do it folks - the filming, that is..
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure