Bike now sold

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Bike now sold

Post by Jug »

I had my Vstrom 650 for sale but this evening she sold. I rode her to her new owners house and said farewell, I hope I don't regret that soon... It would be so nice to be able to hang on to all of our bikes wouldn't it. :(

Anyway.. I now have some more pennies in the bank and a bike shaped space has opened up in the garage, time for some used bike shopping I think. :mrgreen:
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Bike now sold

Post by billinom8s »

Hell yeah it is.

Would kill for my old J1 or 350's
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

So now I've got brief period where I can actually swing a cat in garage again... catching them in the first place is the hard part, they seem to know what I'm up to..
royb
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Roy

Post by royb »

Of all the bikes I've rode, the Vstrom 650 is probably one of the most usable packages out there; in my humble opinion.
Let's hope the new one is as good.
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

Jug_Inspector wrote: Jul 25th, '18, 23:40 It would be so nice to be able to hang on to all of our bikes wouldn't it. :(
Wouldn't it just... it pains me to think what they'd be worth now compared with what I sold them on for back in the day... Fizzy, GT250, Z650, GS1000S, Harris Magnum II amongst others. But, I didn't have the money to buy the next one each time without selling the one I had....
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

Yep, that's the truth...

I didn't have the money to upgrade until next year but a favourable outcome to a pending roof repair suddenly free'd up a chunk of money that had been put aside. So that, and the money from the bike sale, put me at where I needed to be to get the bike I'd had my eye on... so I decided to do the smart thing and upgrade now rather than doing something stupid, like waste it on paying down a mortgage a little. :)):

I am gonna miss that little strom though, but I haven't got the new one yet, and tbh, we don't really miss our old girlfriends once the new one appears. :80: :mrgreen: