Carbon Fibre wheels

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

Millsyboy
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Re: Carbon Fibre wheels

Post by Millsyboy »

not every corner, just now and then and I know the roads so not too do with taking correct line, this is easy to do.
I was considering Nitron shock, so will look into this.
thanks
Jimbo04zx10r
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Post by Jimbo04zx10r »

I've been running a nitron rear shock for last 3 years and I have to say build quality is awesome, and as good if not better than ohlins rear shock. Well worth the dish.
Electronic's keeps the boys upright, the men keep it on the knee slider :)
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

I have them for my 08 but not for my limited edition 16
It makes it easier to handle at speeds for me, quicker too but cant feel much difference than riding my 16
In fact i knocked of some serious seconds off my lap times on my 16 around Portimao last year, to putting in a half decent laptime, that for a 50 year old fat guy was pretty impressive i think!
Point of fact, my dymag wheels they are stronger than standard road wheels but if they got damaged then thats a lot of money to waste
However wouldnt waste it on a bike that only does road use as other than look the part would have no benefits to you
Moral of the story here is that its your ride, cover in gold plate, add all the electrics you can but its only as good as the guy sat in the seat, and if that guy rides outside his capilibities then evey hospital bed looks the same no matter what you have added to your ride
Simply enjoy what you have
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Bullet wrote: Feb 17th, '19, 14:21 I have them for my 08 but not for my limited edition 16
It makes it easier to handle at speeds for me, quicker too but cant feel much difference than riding my 16
In fact i knocked of some serious seconds off my lap times on my 16 around Portimao last year, to putting in a half decent laptime, that for a 50 year old fat guy was pretty impressive i think!
Point of fact, my dymag wheels they are stronger than standard road wheels but if they got damaged then thats a lot of money to waste
However wouldnt waste it on a bike that only does road use as other than look the part would have no benefits to you
Moral of the story here is that its your ride, cover in gold plate, add all the electrics you can but its only as good as the guy sat in the seat, and if that guy rides outside his capilibities then evey hospital bed looks the same no matter what you have added to your ride

Completely agree.
So bullet when you buying another 16 as a track bike?
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Jimbo04zx10r
Learner Driver

Post by Jimbo04zx10r »

Bullet wrote: Feb 17th, '19, 14:21 I have them for my 08 but not for my limited edition 16
There is some proper advise, you can take all the way to the bank!!!!!!!!
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Go by the theories of some spouted here, and we all might as well be riding around on 1970's z650's & cb750's, cos they're just as capable on the roads......

What a load of testicles!

Of course lighter wheels, like better brakes and better suspension, will make a difference. Year on year manufacturer's improve bikes so they perform better ..... Just in brakes - from drums to discs, single piston calipers to multi, then to monoblocs & radials ....

Anything that makes steering, braking, suspension, easier will have an impact on your riding.

Set a hornet 600, a cbr600rr a goldwing, an Africa twin and a fireblade off together on a ride down a twisty road together, and whilst they might ride together at the same pace the 600's will be up and down the gearbox, the wing leaving half its undercarriage on the bends, etc. My point is, that whilst they are all "capable", some will be far closer to their ragged edge than others and some will have a greater margin of safety than others.

The question really, is "are CF wheels worth the extra cost over forged Alli aftermarket wheels or newer/lighter stock wheels, bang for buck?"

If you have the money to burn, and it makes you happy, go for it. Riding a bike is as much a headgame as anything - if you think it will help, then it will ...

:wink: :-bd
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

TLS-Moose wrote: Feb 17th, '19, 19:34 Go by the theories of some spouted here, and we all might as well be riding around on 1970's z650's & cb750's, cos they're just as capable on the roads......

What a load of testicles!

Of course lighter wheels, like better brakes and better suspension, will make a difference. Year on year manufacturer's improve bikes so they perform better ..... Just in brakes - from drums to discs, single piston calipers to multi, then to monoblocs & radials ....

Anything that makes steering, braking, suspension, easier will have an impact on your riding.

Set a hornet 600, a cbr600rr a goldwing, an Africa twin and a fireblade off together on a ride down a twisty road together, and whilst they might ride together at the same pace the 600's will be up and down the gearbox, the wing leaving half its undercarriage on the bends, etc. My point is, that whilst they are all "capable", some will be far closer to their ragged edge than others and some will have a greater margin of safety than others.

The question really, is "are CF wheels worth the extra cost over forged Alli aftermarket wheels or newer/lighter stock wheels, bang for buck?"

If you have the money to burn, and it makes you happy, go for it. Riding a bike is as much a headgame as anything - if you think it will help, then it will ...

Yep, like i said, still makes no difference what bike you ride or what it has. It only has 2 wheels and if you ride outside of your capabilities your gonna know about it. I could say that adding all this stuff or “improvements” could instill a notion of protection and enhanced capilities thus causing greater tisk as the dick sat on the seat may belive all that has been added will keep him sunnyside up.
Inhave spent thousands on my 08’ but if i take the turn wrong at 145mph round Portimaio onto the fast straight then no amount of electrics or improvements are gonna save me and in my humble opionon 9 out of 10 times its rider error not bike error!
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

TLS-Moose wrote: Feb 17th, '19, 19:34
a hornet 600, a cbr600rr .....and a fireblade

🤔😇🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
MikeZ
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Mike

Post by MikeZ »

So 'Millsy' have you decided yet ?
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

He's a tart for bling, so of course he will =:)
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Millsyboy
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Post by Millsyboy »

Leaning towards Nitron shock at moment.
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Treat yourself,
Buy both!!
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Jimbo04zx10r
Learner Driver

Post by Jimbo04zx10r »

Yup buy both :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Why dont you just get a better bike =))
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Bullet wrote: Feb 22nd, '19, 00:00 Why dont you just get a better bike =))
I know your comment was a joke but.......
On a serious note you cant stick Marquez on any bike any CC and he would run rings around all of us.
At the same time you can put a bad rider on the best bike in the world and we would all run rings around him.

That said, bike upgrades personalise your bike and make it yours. There is also a very big bit of your head knowing that upgrade is there and you ride with more confidence because of it.

I guess what I am trying to say is:-
If your trying to improve your speed and ability to go quick then spend the money on improving yourself not the bike.

If you want to ride a great bike, that your really proud of, you have the money to upgrade it and you will be more confident when riding it.... Then fill your boots and get spending. Don't forget the photos when your done as who doesn't like to look at a decent bit of bike bling :-bd
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.