West Bay Parking in Car Spaces

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

Terrier
Learner Driver
First Name: wayne

West Bay Parking in Car Spaces

Post by Terrier »

Had a little drive down to West Bay for some retail therapy in Helmet City. Big number of bikes out today, so much so, that the top, main slipway MC park was full and spotted 3 unfortunate riders having 3 fines for group parking within a single car space. There was plenty of space down by the usual park on the harbour. Such a shame as I'd expect they had a decent ride out. Be warned fellow peeps.
Weymouth is hot on this too, show a ticket or park only in the MC bay. Wish there was more MC spaces at other harbours, Charmouth is limited.

Terrier
chr1s
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Re: West Bay Parking in Car Spaces

Post by chr1s »

Wonder if one of them bought one ticket for all three bikes? After all they've only occupied one car space.... Logically I would think that is fair and ok but when does this country ever work on logic....
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

Dont know id it still stands but was told by parking warden in Cheddar once when bike bays are full buy one ticket and fill a car park space with as many bikes as will fit
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Terrier
Learner Driver

Post by Terrier »

Pays to read the small print on the board eh? I had similar down Cornwall, sometimes the info is focused on cars and campers, and limited specifics for MC's
I don't think any ticket would stay put today with 15 foot waves over the breakwater!
Terrier
Learner Driver

Post by Terrier »

Think all 3 had the dreaded yellow envelope :-(
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Thanks for the heads up.

Bloody ticket stamping Nazis
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

So we ride to West Bay, all the bike spaces are full so we ride off and West Bay traders don't get our revenue......

Similar to dog walking on the beach at Instow. This was extremely popular as the only decent beach that in summer didn't have dog restrictions, folks with kiddy widdies had loads of other beaches to visit. You'd go there on any day of the week and 95% of the people on the beach were poop scooping dog owners and a large number did pub lunches and used the deli in Instow. Council overruled the wishes of the actual owners of the beach and restricted dog walking. Trade in the pubs and shops nosedived......
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

Notice at Portland Bill says...m/cs in m/c bay or 1 bike per car space + 1 ticket. If I recall correctly !!!
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

Then, of course,there was the bruhaha at Matlock Bath.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

If I ride there and there's no bike spaces I could, in theory, park my bike for free for up to 3 hours on double yellows right outside Helmet City as I hold a blue badge. Trouble is, there's nowhere secure to attach it to the bike and if you don't display it you get a ticket!

I have asked the question to the wardens in Paignton but they didn't have a clue what to do....
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

Mervin wrote: Mar 10th, '19, 21:00 Dont know id it still stands but was told by parking warden in Cheddar once when bike bays are full buy one ticket and fill a car park space with as many bikes as will fit
Fairly certain that’s because the car parks are not local council owned
Most of cheddar gorge belongs to the longleat estate 😬
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand