Scotland/nc500

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

Nick_ish
Learner Driver
First Name: Nick

Scotland/nc500

Post by Nick_ish »

So i'm heading north in September, planning on visiting a friend on iona(tiny island off mull). While i'm there i figure might aswell ride & camp the nc500, anyone got any advise on good stops?
Based in inner Hebrides, from liverpool :-h
Cb500x :)): Forza 300
Blandit 6 (sold)
jer r1
SWB Subscriber
First Name: jerry

Re: Scotland/nc500

Post by jer r1 »

J G Fergusson has a book titled the motorcyclists guide to Scotland that gives a full list of places to stop and stay when doing the nc500. Well worth a look, I'm hoping to do it next year.
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

That's a great book - I got one for my trip last May and it was invaluable. He even signed the inside cover and sent a thank you letter with it!
I wouldn't get too hung up on doing the whole 500 odd miles. Some of it in the North East corner is pretty dull. We stayed at a bikers only B and B just outside Inverness and did the North West Coast over 2 days. Google Torguish House for the accommodation. He's a wacky guy but can give you so much advice on better roads than the NC500.
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Nick_ish
Learner Driver
First Name: Nick

Post by Nick_ish »

I'll have to try and lay my mits on a copy before i go, sounds like a good book to have lol
Yeah not 100% commited to doing the whole route this time, more interested in the various islands and ruins, good excuse to take camera with :lol:
Based in inner Hebrides, from liverpool :-h
Cb500x :)): Forza 300
Blandit 6 (sold)