Talk about anything...

Moderator: Staff

menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Travel to France 5th December 2019

Post by menzies3032 »

Hi All

As some of you might know I work in the parcel carriage industry.

I should have posted this a while ago but hey here we are. As of today there is currently a major strike happening in France. This includes Air Traffic Control, Roads being blockaded, Boarder crossings being disrupted and train restrictions (ie Eurostar)

If you are planning on traveling to France in the next week I would strongly advise you reconsider or at least expect major disruption to your trip. You might find if you have flights booked you might get cancelled flights so might have to go at different times.

Also be aware if your flying to Spain this could also have disruption as you have to fly over France so with air traffic control on strike there is restricted traffic allowed in France air space.

Sorry did not post this sooner. For anybody who has travel plans in the next few days....... good luck
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Travel to France 5th December 2019

Post by billinom8s »

Avoid France - a simple rule that is easy to follow. =))
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

billinom8s wrote: Dec 5th, '19, 14:04 Avoid France - a simple rule that is easy to follow. =))
One of the few countries in Europe that do not speak English so as a rule don't have much choice have to avoid as my French is crap.

other then Disneyland..... but that's for tourists so they speak the lingo
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

nowt wrong with the french expecially the Bretons, I spent 23 years working with them , and yes some do not speak english tis true , but sometimes as you get to know them you find they will have a go, I walked into the fishmarket at Loctudy one day and spoke to a typical yokel looking french fisherman in very dodgy pidgin french , he replied in perfect english , I beleive you are english , would you mind repeating what you just said to me in English please, another time I was in a large supermarket buying some essentials (10 crates kronenburg , 20 bottles of wine etc ) and the woman at the till said I need a cup of tea , english tea , so i went to the truck and got my spare box of PG tips tea bags and gave her turned she had lived in england for a few years
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson