Anyone in or near Kingsteighton?

Talk about anything...

Moderator: Staff

scorcher
Learner Driver

Anyone in or near Kingsteighton?

Post by scorcher »

As above, and if so, do you know anything about Autolink Southwest car sales place? Got a few ads on Ebay but googling doesn't bring anything up either positive or negative? Would be nice to hear an opinion if anyone knows anything. Thanks in advance!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/autolinksouth ... 7675.l2562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BMF
Learner Driver
First Name: Kim

Re: Anyone in or near Kingsteighton?

Post by BMF »

Actually alcohol IS a solution
Honda CB600S Hornet
Honda CB1300SA8
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

I'm in Kingsteignton, though have never heard of them. Can go have a quick look if you want, to save you a trip? Let me know what you want to know .....
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

Thanks, but that's for a dealer with a similar name in Portishead.
TLS-Moose wrote:I'm in Kingsteignton, though have never heard of them. Can go have a quick look if you want, to save you a trip? Let me know what you want to know .....
Very kind offer. I have been in contact with the geezer and the pictures look something like i'd expect a 12 yr old Transit to look like. By all means if you recognise the address and you're passing pop in , but don't worry about going out your way. He's not there today and I don't know whether the place is freely accessible or not. Meant to be popping down to have a look Monday unless anything else pops up closerer and betterer.
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

There is a nice movano for sale on trackdayriders matt
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

Ruffian wrote:There is a nice movano for sale on trackdayriders matt
Think thats a Renault Master(bater). I'm mainly allergic to french stuff
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

If the place is where i think it is, and where Google shows it to be, then it's all locked up today :cry:

If you do go look at it, have a good look underneath. Transits (front wheel drive especially) of that age (02-06) can be very prone to severe rusting underneath ......

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Ruffian

Post by Ruffian »

I agree with moose, those transits might be a buy cheap, weld 4000 times lol, bit hope I'm wrong for you.

As for the master/movanos there very good on that age up too the start of the new shape, (2010 on)

But each to there own and hope you find a good van,
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

So, did you go look? Was it any good?

scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

TLS-Moose wrote:So, did you go look? Was it any good?
No, you and Ruffian put me off old Trannies :)): :)): . It is a bit of a trek and what with it being Bank holiday, I decided I'd rather not have to cope with all the inevitable holiday traffic on the M5 and 303. I've not made any other arrangements to view at the moment. MOT has just run out on it, but he would re MOT it before sale. There is a blip in the mileage on the MOT history. 2014 - 117K, 2015 - 166K, 2016-136 K. Now on 148K. Could be an inputting error. Would depend on the service history I s'pose. No advisories for structrual rust on it on any of the MOTS. (Unlike a 2003 one I checked which had corrosion fails and advisories for about the last 6 years :mrgreen: )
Ad...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142341436813? ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reg BT05ESV
https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He allegedly had someone looking today but that may have been salesman patter.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

Haha, there's nowt wrong with trannies (we are still talking vans here?), but you do need to be aware of their propensity to turn into a pile of orange flakes. Get it treated and sealed and it will be OK. It seems an issue specific to UK built ones (mainly FWD).

To be honest, it doesn't look a bad van (almost interested myself ...... ) but the mileage blip could hint at an issue :erm:

Ducaki
Learner Driver
First Name: Nige

Post by Ducaki »

My thoughts​ are the 01 to 06 was the best generation to drive and reliability. Only problem I had was melting the brake servo vacuum pipe #:-s
The 06 onwards wasn't very good for handling or reliability. Was recovered a few times.
ST4
DRZ400e
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

I just looked at its mot history it has been moted today its scrap i reckon

MOT history of this vehicle

Test date 18 April 2017 Test Result Fail Odometer reading 148,301 miles MOT test number 3512 3774 9946 Reason(s) for failure
Offside Front Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded inner chassis leg (2.4.A.3)
Offside Front Upper Suspension spring mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
Offside Rear Suspension spring mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded (2.4.A.3)
Nearside Front Steering rack gaiter split (2.2.D.2d)
Nearside Front Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1)
Nearside Rear Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (4.1.E.1)
Nearside Front Lower Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.2.6)
Offside Front Lower Seat belt anchorage prescribed area is excessively corroded (5.2.6)
Advisory notice item(s)
Nearside Front Upper Suspension spring mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (2.4.A.3)
Nearside Rear Suspension spring mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (2.4.A.3)
Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive both sides (2.4.A.3)
Offside Front Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
Windscreen has damage to an area less than a 40mm circle outside zone 'A' (8.3.1d)
rear chassis legs corroded
front inner wings corroded
rear inner wheel archs corroded and floor pan corroded and holed
all sills holed and corroded
exhaust corroded
top struts notchey
hand brake cable mounts corroded
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
Ruffian

Post by Ruffian »

That's a fair list of welding!!
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

In fairness though, if gone through and done right, purchased for the right price (sub £1k) that could be a nice van.