Anyone in or near Kingsteighton?

Talk about anything...

Moderator: Staff

scorcher
Learner Driver

Re: Anyone in or near Kingsteighton?

Post by scorcher »

Now has 12mths MOT on it but only just enough welding done to get it through. Still the long list of advisories to get through before next year!
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

So I assume you got a reasonable deal on it then?

Should be a nice van if you can get on top of the rot :-bd
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

No, I haven't bought it. Still needs too much doing to it. Still looking at all sorts in vain! Nearly all vans seem to have some sort of major failing with them. Just got to choose the best of a bad bunch (if i bother at all). I'm starting to lose the will to live :shock:
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Yes. At the end of the day the type of vehicle you're looking at is typically built to a price, bought for a purpose, driven by low(er) age people who don't give a crap about them and sold because they've outlived their usefulness/tax break/no longer economical to keep on the road.......
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

scorcher wrote:Now has 12mths MOT on it but only just enough welding done to get it through. Still the long list of advisories to get through before next year!
why did they bother some poor mug will have a liability on their hands of they do not know what they are buying for sure , only in it for a fast buck , steer clear of em i reckon
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

Ended up buying a pikey transit. One popped up on gumtree a few miles away. 2006 SWB 100bhp/2800kgs medium roof in blue. One driver from new (company van, then bought it at 3yrs old), 98000 miles and very reasonbly straight and tidy inside and out with all old MOTs etc. Will get it serviced and checked over and get rid of the 12year old tyres on the back! Feels livelier than the T5 with 140bhp!