Dodgy mails doing the rounds again

Got a problem? Ask away... for issues about this website please goto the Subscribers area.

Moderator: Staff

Johnnyb
Learner Driver

Dodgy mails doing the rounds again

Post by Johnnyb »

Got one from EGG this week saying they had lost some account details so go to a certain link, click the link and it wants first name,surname,account number,password and mothers maiden name (a populare security question) obviously i didnt do it, especially as i dont even have an account with EGG, so i contacted them and they said it was definately a scam and the easy way to tell is that EGG would adress any mail tothe name of the customer but these scamming pregnant goldfishies don't know your name so allways put 'Dear valued client'. So watch out for that one and also here is a copy of another scam mail i got today.

Dear Sir/Ma,

Latex Rubber Products is the milky sap of the rubber tree, Hevea brasiliensis. This natural

latex rubber is produced in South and South East Asia, where trees are tapped for latex by

cutting a spiral groove in the bark and placing a spout and collection cup at the base. This

natural latex rubber is then moulded into remarkable pillows, seating and bedding products

such as the Naturelle latex pillow and the Relief Ring Cushion.

We need representatives in the States/UK who will be in charge of all our payments from the

United States and United Kingdom clients/customers.
Most of our customers from United States and United Kingdom pay through their ,UK Bank wire

transfer, Certified cheques, Cashier cheques and money order which are not negotiable here in

Australia. This brings our quest to employee a credible and trustworthy fellow as our

representative to handle our payments. This would not affect your present job but serve as

another stream of income to your good self. Being our representative and assisting us in

processing the payments from our clients shall earn you a weekly salary and commission of

about 10% of every payment you assist us with.

Due to the fact that we can not process the Uk/Us Credit cards here in the Australia, we have

lost in the past about £85,000 of net income each month because of money transfer delays.

Most of our clients/customers who purchase our products need to pay large amount of money

through their Bank wire transfer account and this is the reason we also need a representative

who has eligible account to receive money for our company.

Your task is to coordinate payments from customers and help us with the payment process. You

are not involved in any sales.

If you are interested, email us back for more information.

Very nearly tempted to E-mail them back and wind them up for a giggle, or get a prog off the net to make a million replies and mail them the lot and bung their mail server up........ :)