helllppp!!!

Got a problem? Ask away... for issues about this website please goto the Subscribers area.

Moderator: Staff

watters
Learner Driver

helllppp!!!

Post by watters »

my tool bar thingy at the bottom of the screen keeps coming and going as it likes! when it appears i try clicking on any of the simbols (internet explorer,control panel ect) but when i put the mouse over it the egg timer comes up and i cant click anything! ive tried ctrl+alt+del and tried running explorer.exe, it makes it come back for a few seconds then buggers off again!!! any ideas?
the monkey bike of love!
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: helllppp!!!

Post by billinom8s »

yeah, download firefox and use that for internet useage, its the mutts nuts
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
watters
Learner Driver

Post by watters »

ive heard good things about firefox,but its the tool bar at the bottom of my pc screen that is dissapearing so i cant access any of my computers programmes without going through ctr+alt+del etc!!! this all happens before i go on ther internet!!
the monkey bike of love!
Johnnyb
Learner Driver

Post by Johnnyb »

Try right clicking on it when it appears and go to properties at the bottom then look at the second one down and it says 'auto hide the task bar' just make sure it is UNticked and you should be ok.......
watters
Learner Driver

Post by watters »

just tried that mate but when it does appear and i put the arrow on it it goes staright to the egg timer and dissapears again so havnt got chance to do it!!
the monkey bike of love!
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Keep a hammer and nail beside the monitor. When the toolbar appears next whack the nail into it. That should keep it there :D 8)

Sorry, I'll leave now ................ :oops:
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
monkey8414
Learner Driver

Post by monkey8414 »

try f11 or one of the function keys cuz mine was doin the same and apparently i had it on full screen, mine is fine now :D
[color=#0000FF][b]To Be Old And Wise You Must First be Young And Stupid[/b][/color] [url]http://www.launcestonmcc.co.uk[/url]
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/monkey-8414/monkey8414.jpg[/img][img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/monkey-8414/DSC00136-1.jpg[/img]
Johnnyb
Learner Driver

Post by Johnnyb »

monkey8414 wrote:try f11 or one of the function keys cuz mine was doin the same and apparently i had it on full screen, mine is fine now :D
That might well be it, i just tried it and mine disappears as i hover the mouse over it :)
watters
Learner Driver

Post by watters »

tried f11 and that works for the tool bar at the top of the screen,but its the toolbar at the bottom of my screen which is playing up!!
the monkey bike of love!
webster

Post by webster »

you using XP or Vista?
Johnnyb
Learner Driver

Post by Johnnyb »

If its XP and it might be the same for vista, go START, Control panel,TASKBAR AND START MENU, then untick the second one down (autohide the taskbar)and make sure there's a tick in the third one down(keep the taskbar on top of other windows)....... :)