GWS Robbo87

Latest information on South-West-Bikers...

Moderator: Staff

Kata
Learner Driver
First Name: John

Re: GWS Robbo87

Post by Kata »

Hows the recovery going?
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Thanks for all the good wishes folks, much appreciated :) . All is going well and I should be fit enough to cope personaly with all your insults in a few weeks.

To remove temptation I've SORN'd the Fut for a while, as punting a cage around is one thing and easy peasy already, but slinging ones leg over an Italian Stallion - oo-er Missus! is quite another for a while yet. Also the MOT's imminent and I'll have a chance to get some jobs done on the old girl before and after that - oo-er Missus again - then we're ready to face the tarmac for another year and get some proper biking in :-bd .
I've not entirely assumed the mantle of immobility and crumblieness that some of you think that Herr Mellow and I have degenerated into, so will see some of you at some of the social do's and - "I.am.looking.forward.to.that." (I was told to say) 'Stop whinging about not riding' she said 'and go off and meet 'em all in the pub instead!' so sayeth 'The Management' so I did, and I will some more I guess.

Cheers guys and guy-esses :-bd .

Phil the Phut (well, me hip still is for a wee while yet).

Oh .............blatant plug, plug, plug! - The band of itinerent musos' I keep off the streets by forcing to play for beer are appearing, largely live, at The Double Locks Exeter EX2 6LT from 1.00 pm on Sunday 28th August. Come along and play Guess The Tune with the rest of what will no doubt be a thoroughly mystified and confused audience. At least you'll be part of the herd for a change instead of the two-wheeled persona-non-grata that bikers are usualy viewed as.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

Robbo87 wrote: Come along and play Guess The Tune with the rest of what will no doubt be a thoroughly mystified and confused audience. At least you'll be part of the herd for a change instead of the two-wheeled persona-non-grata that bikers are usualy viewed as.

I'm good from 1650 to 1969 but have NO idea after that. (%)
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

It does does suck not being fit enough to ride - I can vouch for that, plus I know about the not riding your bike thing.

It just makes it more fun when you get back on, then realise you need to new Bike to cope with your new body ability.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

billinom8s wrote:It does does suck not being fit enough to ride - I can vouch for that, plus I know about the not riding your bike thing.

It just makes it more fun when you get back on, then realise you need to new Bike to cope with your new body ability.
Absobleedinlutely Si, well said.
Gimlet's trying to convince me that KTM's the way to go; trouble is, he won't flog me his 990 SMT for a knockdown price the selfish git! :wink: So it looks like it's gonna be Fut-power for a while yet 8)
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

MellowYellow wrote:
Robbo87 wrote: Come along and play Guess The Tune with the rest of what will no doubt be a thoroughly mystified and confused audience. At least you'll be part of the herd for a change instead of the two-wheeled persona-non-grata that bikers are usualy viewed as.

I'm good from 1650 to 1969 but have NO idea after that. (%)
1969? We do hardly ANYTHING as modern as that! Oh, wait a minute, we have pinched a track from the very last LP (yes, I said LP) that anyone in the band ever bought; now then, who was it .................. ? Some band with 'Stones' in it was it :?: ....... whatever, it was something about being 'all over now' I think.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.