Look in for Track days + events

Moderator: Staff

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

llandow Aug 18th

Post by billinom8s »

Well that was fun:-)

A nice easy signing in session followed by head marshall john doing his famous standup routine
The day started a bit damp with looking for dry lines through the puddles being the preferred racing line.

Then kelly decided that we all needed an excuse not to ride in the rain, that rain certianly came down. Thanks kelly, saved us all looking for a problem with our bikes :-) :-)

Over lunch the sun came out, clouds buggered off and the track dried out.

Then the games began, the pace in all groups stepped up and smiles got wider,
each group had it's own little battles going on which meant for fun watching from the paddock.

Thanks to all that took part and made the day it's usual chilled out occasion.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
shammy666
Learner Driver

Re: llandow Aug 18th

Post by shammy666 »

What a great day, thanks everyone :D

Thanks for playing nice in inters, I didn't get lapped as many times as I thought I would =))

GWS Kelly, best try not to have any more bits at Llandow named after you :wink: hope Gav's to do list not too extensive :)):

Gerry - hope your not too achy this morning and the bike not too bad.

I was totally slack and no pics of anything, was busy getting Craigs father in law cups of tea :))

And.......

Cheers Si as always for organising :-bd
dukes22
Learner Driver
First Name: Marc

Post by dukes22 »

Thanks Si for organising such a great track day. Really enjoyable day. And thanks to everyone on the track for some good close but safe riding, well inters any way! Looking forward to the next track day... cheers
ninjajockey
Learner Driver

Post by ninjajockey »

I had a ball, only a little track but great fun. :D :D

I must say one of the friendliest trackdays I've been on, it was really good to meet some of you :-bd
Shame about the weather, but this is Britain after all, and Gazr1 needed something to moan about :D

Only 2 red flags all day, and the trip in to collect Kelly and Gav from the hospital was entertaining ( must remember to change out of biking gear before driving the van :roll: )

I think my brother in law is converted, all the way home he was talking about selling the Tiger and getting a sports bike, that'll be me in his wifes bad books :D

I do love the sound of knee slider grazing tarmac 8)
Thanks Simon for organising the day :-bd
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Post by DynaMight »

Forecast = Dry, Rain radar = no rain clouds. It's ok though, one will just appear out of nowhere above us, cheers :-bd

I managed 4 sessions (5 if you include the Ambulance ride) and had some fun. Bike came out fairly well, all things considered, I wish you could wrap a bike in bandage for a few weeks and it heal itself though.

Even the last session wasn't totally dry, but didn't spoil the fun too much.

Heres a video of the last session, including me and Jay having some fun plus the guy with the Orange Gixxer crashing at the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzrdSeZ1nC8
sckudder
Learner Driver

Post by sckudder »

Thanks Si, would have to say it has to be one of the best days I have had out on my bike.
It was my very first track day and absolutely loved it ! I could of carried on for hours more.
My dad was taking pictures most of the day so when I get a copy of them I will upload them so people will be able to go through them as I'm sure he was getting some pictures of the two faster groups as well. While trying to capture the fast riders bringing there rear wheels up while breaking. Wish the weather started as it ended but it was a experience riding around a track with it heaving down with rain but soon dried out. A* for the hole day and big :)): all round

Thanks all
ninjajockey
Learner Driver

Post by ninjajockey »

Nice vid, I particularly liked the evidence of my kneesliding :D
But I thought you fixed that rearset? you didn't seem to be able to change gear 8)
ninjajockey
Learner Driver

Post by ninjajockey »

a couple of photos, not very good but what do you expect :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Post by DynaMight »

ninjajockey wrote:Nice vid, I particularly liked the evidence of my kneesliding :D
But I thought you fixed that rearset? you didn't seem to be able to change gear 8)
I didnt change gear. 2nd gear is good upto 120MPH so didnt see the point 8) I did the session before and by the time I got the bike out the corner, rev'd a little through 2nd then into 3rd, it was time to brake and didnt gain anything. Twist and go, well easy.
ninjajockey
Learner Driver

Post by ninjajockey »

oh :oops:
that appears to have not worked.
scooby601
Learner Driver

Post by scooby601 »

ninjajockey wrote:a couple of photos, not very good but what do you expect :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Fixed :wink:
ninjajockey
Learner Driver

Post by ninjajockey »

Thank you, what did I do wrong?
DynaMight
Learner Driver

Post by DynaMight »

ninjajockey wrote:Thank you, what did I do wrong?
Double [IMG]'s if you copy direct from Photobucket using the right section it auto enters the [IMG]'s so you dont need to do anything apart from paste direct into the reply field.
Dynasangel
Site Moderator

Post by Dynasangel »

DynaMight wrote:
ninjajockey wrote:Thank you, what did I do wrong?
Double [IMG]'s if you copy direct from Photobucket using the right section it auto enters the [IMG]'s so you dont need to do anything apart from paste direct into the reply field.
Sorted

Well what can I say except for OUCH and I'm glad you could all use my a little incident as an excuse :)
[img]http://www.dynamight.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/sig/kellysig.jpg[/img]
Rsv4Col
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Colin

Post by Rsv4Col »

I've got over 200 photos to upload so will probably have at least on of everyone ;)
Now riding a Tuono V4 1100 😀