PEMBREY SAT AND SUN

Look in for Track days + events

Moderator: Staff

Tractorwackyracer
Learner Driver
First Name: mark

Re: PEMBREY SAT AND SUN

Post by Tractorwackyracer »

Yep sure is come and watch from the shady grandstand !!!!!
Tractorwackyracer
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

cobrabuilder wrote:Hi guys just a quick question is it free to watch the weather'slooking so good me and the wife may fancy a bimble up to say hi get in some miles ready for our ring trip :D
We could do with a couple of Brolly Dollys... :wink:

Yeah, come over, it'll be great to se you both :ymhug:
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
ninjajockey
Learner Driver

Post by ninjajockey »

I'm all loaded and ready to roll, Give us a clue peeps, what vans/cars am I looking for when I rock up tomorrow morning?
I'll be in a red Renault Master with a silver zx7r in the back :)
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

Yup, all loaded here too :)):

Erm, Silver transit with blue zx636.. :mrgreen:

Shout & wave if I haven't spotted you before! :)):
shammy666
Learner Driver

Post by shammy666 »

Just had a fight with the new never ending ratchet things ~x( but all loaded and ready to go....seemed to easy or I've done this too many times this year and more organised :))

I be in white LWB T5 with black alloys with R6 white/red and stickers :mrgreen:

See you all tomoz :-bd
dukes22
Learner Driver
First Name: Marc

Post by dukes22 »

Thanks to every one for a great day. Although not with out a few incidents. Dont think i have ever seen so many red flags, i went down at the hairpin, but I think i might have been taken out, there was some one else on the floor. If any one saw what happened I would appreciate it. Thanks for Marks mate ( ZX10 Kawasak i think) for telling my wife i was Ok. and Thank you to every one for there concern. Bike only cosmetic damage levers etc. Thanks to the wonderfull crash bungs.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Ouch !

I will be reading other reports from today with interest.....

Glad you're ok though.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

Quite an eventful day!!

Glad you're ok Mark....hope you've not too much damage to your lovely bike, though as you said I reckon the crash bungs worked very well #:-s

Really REALLY hot at Pembrey today, maybe the sun went to peoples heads!? Inters seemed to suffer quite a lot of red flags, two in the novice group too.. :(

Despite incidents, heat and variable (and sometimes 'interesting') lines, I had massive fun! :mrgreen: Stomp Grips are flibbin ace, and definitely moving about loads more confidently on the bike....

I don't have a massive amount of detail, but NinjaJockey had an incident which has left him in Carmarthen Hospital at least till Tuesday having suffered a broken foot and two busted ribs :shock: :( Both bike and van have been recovered via family nearby (thankfully!) Wishing a speedy recovery from us all!! x
dukes22
Learner Driver

Post by dukes22 »

crikey didnt realise ninjajockey was so badly injured. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery..
shammy666
Learner Driver

Post by shammy666 »

Brilliant day!! Even though I'd been there before had a slight lack of reference points on first session....time for me and Smiler to scare the instructor :lol: This helped loads and felt much better after that. Missed the last 2 sessions (other than sighting laps on one before last), far to many loopy lous and silly stuff going on :shock:

Smiler - how happy are you now you've discovered stomp grips :))

Shame about all the reds :(
dukes22 wrote:Thanks to the wonderfull crash bungs.
Glad your ok and defiantly a good investment them crash bung thingies.

NinjaJockey - hope your doing OK, keep us posted!
ninjajockey
Learner Driver

Post by ninjajockey »

Well that was quite a day :)
I must say Carmarthen hospital is nicer than the one in taunton. I broke my ankle in 3 places and cracked a couple of ribs.
They operated yesterday and put in a plate and some screws.
I'll post in more detail when I get home its a pain trying to do this on my phonecin the hospital
Tractorwackyracer
Learner Driver
First Name: mark

Post by Tractorwackyracer »

well where do I start !!!!

hope you g b s ninjajockey !!!!

dukes 22 james black zx 10 top guy the next day at silverstone after seeing your post I mentioned this to him he cant be 100% sure (as he was concentrating on what he was doing) but he fairly sure you were taken out!! the guy lets call him flower pot for short on the R1 had nearly had james off FOUR times into the very same hairpin james did have a word with him but this obviously fell on deaf ears !!! really sorry this happened to you and your beautiful machine :8o)): if I can be of any further help please ask or if you want james e mail address for more info( will check and pass it on)

Silverstone was HUGE the F1 garages well bigger than BIG a good day quite a few off spoiling it for everyone and only six laps per session as its 3 miles around that's 3 Pembreys !!! didn't like it before but like it a bit more now !!!
Tractorwackyracer
ninjajockey
Learner Driver

Post by ninjajockey »

Well I've been reunited with the bike at last, and it looks like the bike will fix up a little easier than me :(
I've a couple of plates and screws stopping my foot from falling off, and a go faster zimmer frame :)
The bike is mostly superficial,it needs a left clip on and foot peg,seat unit, and some fairing brackets, and its dumped the coolant, so I've a slight weep from somewhere :D, I think the rads ok, it looks like the fairing bolts have punctured a hose.
I tried to speak to Phil Bevan yesterday to see what damage I caused the instructor, but just got the answerphone.
There's a lovely shot on the photographers website of me writhing on the floor and the instructor walking away shaking his head :roll:
Anyway, for those that are interested, what happened was:
I was having instruction to improve my lines and speed through the left handers, so I'd had 2 laps behind the instructor, then he waved me through and I led for 2 laps. I'd got a little held up behind a fireblade from the old hairpin, right up through the back straight and woodlands, so the instructor came back past me through Honda curve, and gestured for me to follow him again.
Now with hindsight, when I couldn't get past him on the power I should have backed off, but I do have faith in my brakes, and I thought he'd be a typical litre bike rider, and brake really early :)): and I'd have plenty of time to nip past and get it stopped for the hairpin.
My plan failed when he didn't brake early :D
I was past my normal braking marker before I was alongside him, so really had to squeeze the lever hard, the brakes were awesome :mrgreen: unfortunately perhaps a little too awesome because I pulled a mega stoppie, and the only way to get the bike back under control was to let the brakes off.
That was where it went really wrong :cry: If the track had been clear i'd have just run on and stopped before the barriers, but unfortunately the instructors rear wheel was in my way, and there was nowhere else for me to go :cry: so I clipped his wheel.
The rest of it is a bit of a blur to be honest,but I came to a halt lying on my back with big pain in my ankle and chest, and I couldn't move I saw the instructor standing over me and I really thought he was going to stick the boot in :)) , he must have taken pity on me because he just walked back to his bike and picked it up.
So there you have it its been an expensive way to find my talent limit, by the time I'm fit enough to get the bike repaired it will be late summer, so I guess its going to be next year before I get back out on track.
Still it was a fab morning :)): thanks to everyone for the company, and for collecting all my gear together and putting the the bike back in the van (although you might have found it a little easier if you'd put it into neutral) =))
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Good to hear your on the path to recovery .... Though its likely to be a long one if my experience is anything to go by .....

I expect that if he was walking around, the instructor will have been fairly philosophical about the experience .... shame are the end of your season though :cry:
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
dukes22
Learner Driver

Post by dukes22 »

Bike finally back on the road after my little tarmac surfing experience at pembrey. Couldn't get a brake lever. Not fully repaired but usable, just waiting on a couple of bits. Thats the Italians for you, no rushing them.. Off to Cadwell in a couple of weeks... We never learn :D