Instruction with focused events

Look in for Track days + events

Moderator: Staff

R6 STU
Learner Driver

Instruction with focused events

Post by R6 STU »

Has anyone had instruction from focused? £130 for the whole day.
Got a lot of bad habits I need to iron out and with previous 1 session instruction it’s lines and body position.

Got a Billy no mates day coming up and would be the perfect opportunity, is it worth I to though?
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Instruction with focused events

Post by billinom8s »

can't say i have, I'm doing the ron haslam school next week on me tod, should be a useful day.

doing wheelie school in Sept too
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
R6 STU
Learner Driver

Post by R6 STU »

Is that a one on one on the blades or 600?

Which wheelie school? I did the one that came to Exeter last year. Extreme wheelie.
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

you have to the 600s before they let you on the thous. for me it's body position so it could be a 125 for all i care, so long as they can teach me the impossible - go round corners

the wheelie school is at Llandow, only 5 in a group. it's on the forum here, still in active topics
KTM 990 superduke R,
R6 STU
Learner Driver

Post by R6 STU »

You can tell me I need to get off more but sometimes I don’t even realise I’m doing it until I see the photos later in the week. Generally slow lefts.
My progression was rapid at Almería with a few of the regulars giving me pointers. Some parts you don’t even realise what you’re doing!

Wheeliedayz? I met drew at Cadwell, used to be triumphs now KTM’s. Will be a good day.
I didn’t go much on extreme wheelie, I can get it up, I’m just scared of the balance point. Still didn’t get there...
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Not done wheely school and not wanting to but when it come to instruction spent quite some time doing schools and reading books and watching vids on the subject. If I may any decent training is good and will help you as long as it is structured. You need a mix of class room or off Bike instruction followed by on track instruction.

One thing is for sure you can’t learn when you are running at 100% you need to slow it down to 75% so you can try something new and concentrate on what your trying.

The instructor at a track day that just does the follow me and try and keep up is unlikely to help that much and might see you in the gravel as they are going to be quicker then you and try to push you to 110% with out the knowledge of how.

If I might recommend
1) book to read is twist of the wrist II
2) vid clips. There are 6 vids on YouTube made some time ago from the Califonia Superbike School these are well worth a watch. Also if you can get a copy or find on your tube the full twist of the wrist vid this is also worth watching.
3) practice. You then need to try the differant lesions one at a time (not all at the same time)
4) help. This is where any of the training schools or expert help is going to move you forward with skills and abilities. For me the British Superbike School really helped.

Hope it helps.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
R6 STU
Learner Driver

Post by R6 STU »

Cheers.

It always seems a massive rush on a track day. The first sessions is me trying to remember how to ride a bike again and learn/remember the track.

I’m in too much of a rush to try and go quick without thinking about my lines, markers and body position.

I’m not at the point where I want to spend hundreds on one to one with Ellison/spike Edwards etc but seeing it advertised for £130 for a whole day it might be a stepping stone
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

They do know what they're on about.

I plan on taking some instruction over in portimao next month.
KTM 990 superduke R,
shammy666
Learner Driver

Post by shammy666 »

1-2-1 with a proper coach is worth every single penny! Some of them will do 2-2-1 if want to split cost with someone. My riding is now so much quicker but....this is the weird bit...feels safer! Braking later is still work in progress.

I’ve always been crap at overtaking but one sentence said to me recently revolutionised this...not sharing what just yet mwhahaha! Got past 5 in one lap at Cadwell last week when on a 81bhp bike, 3 down park straight (2 were thous haha) one down into Mansfield and 1 between chicane and bottom of mountain...something worked 😈😂

Spike Edwards, Gary Walton (Notso-fast), Dean Ellison or if he can do it Matt Waldron (Smallboys boss) all worth looking at.

Can’t comment on FE instruction but No Limits can book instructor for whole day for £120.00.
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

All I could add is to reiterate a few points already made:
1. Slow down (stop trying to go as fast as you can, your brain is full of that activity and won't let you try anything else)
2. Listen and absorb. Pick a few key points from each slice of tuition and repeat them to yourself next time out, talk yourself through each corner and try out what you've been told.
3. Practice it repeatedly - Just doing it once or twice at the start of the session and then getting your head down to go as fast as possible will just be wasting your money.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

R6 STU wrote: Aug 12th, '18, 23:32 I’m in too much of a rush to try and go quick without thinking about my lines, markers and body position.
Every track day that I go on I have an action camera on the front of my bike. The reason i do this is for 2 things
1) Because when i was learning seeing myself and watching myself back taught me so much about what i thought i was doing and what i was actually doing. It helped me so much i wanted to return the favor to others.
2) Because i no longer need a lap timer on the day and cant think about it on the day. But when i get home and put the vids on youtube i can work out what lap time i did and if that was different to last time i went.

So an offer I will make to try and help you (if you would like me to do so).....
I have 2 more track days booked this year (and will do 5 or 6 next year) one on Friday at Oulton Park (Inters) and one on 29th September at Pembrey (inters). If you go to the same track day I am prepared to follow you for a significant amount of the day to help you learn (assuming i can keep up with you and your not already quicker then me).

So you can see what i have done before see this vid that i made following Nick (Red5) at Cadwell in 2016 if you look at my youtube channel there are vids from loads of different tracks and sessions over the years.

https://youtu.be/2cUZNn7ZyrY
Millsyboy
Learner Driver
First Name: Paul

Post by Millsyboy »

I will join you one day Rob, share a van or something, take the 10
billinom8s
Site Admin

Post by billinom8s »

Come to llandow first
KTM 990 superduke R,
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

Millsyboy wrote: Aug 16th, '18, 15:27 I will join you one day Rob, share a van or something, take the 10
I hire bikes for track days cheaper then having your own track bike and more convenient. Could either hire as well and happy to give you a lift or could just meet you at the track.