63%

Total votes: 8

menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Re: Should I Be in Fast Group?

Post by menzies3032 »

Jimbo04zx10r wrote: Sep 30th, '18, 13:25 Yes Menzie is a SHARK
Think we both were Jimbo. If I am going up to fast then think your coming with me :wink: :ymhug:
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

adeblade wrote: Sep 30th, '18, 18:38 As u can run a consistent line & pace I think u would be fine in the fast group & start to lap quicker anyway as u would be in less traffic & the pace faster.
Valid point. Think next time at Pembrey time to try Fast and see how I get on.
Jimbo04zx10r
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Post by Jimbo04zx10r »

At the end of the day you have to decide if it's what you want to do and if it will benifit your riding and makes you better.

I will be in fast group next time there as I want to improve.
Electronic's keeps the boys upright, the men keep it on the knee slider :)
R6 STU
Learner Driver

Post by R6 STU »

I’m inters all day. Start off slow then around lunch time I start to go well. First session I struggle to get my knee down!!
Donny was my first experience of fast, not by choice. But... overtook a few, had a few bsb riders come flying past but all safely and quickly.
Last time at brands was inters and such a mix of riders. Didn’t get a clean lap all day.
Think it depends on confidence and lines more than outs right speed especially when you see mini twins and cb500’s in fast.
Jimbo04zx10r
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Post by Jimbo04zx10r »

Rob i think it's down to you and you have to weigh up the positives going into the fast group. The choice us down to you, even tho I have contributed to your pole, it's probably the wrong way to go about going into to fast group.

You will know I your head if it's something you want to do, I'll probably go in fast on a track I know well and feel I could benifit from following faster riders with out coming up against slower riders.
Electronic's keeps the boys upright, the men keep it on the knee slider :)
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

depends on the track and the day -wet day at oulton, REALLY? Dry day at Pembrey, why not, although i'd check to see if the following weekend there's a race meet there or not as you'll be on there with people who won't stop for anything.

play it by ear and when it comes down to it make your own mind up, a couple of good days on familair tracks on race prepped kit won't always stand you in good stead, that said you seem to want to step up, so step up. You can always drop down.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
menzies3032
Site Moderator

Post by menzies3032 »

Jimbo04zx10r wrote: Oct 1st, '18, 10:04 Rob i think it's down to you and you have to weigh up the positives going into the fast group. The choice us down to you, even tho I have contributed to your pole, it's probably the wrong way to go about going into to fast group.

You will know I your head if it's something you want to do, I'll probably go in fast on a track I know well and feel I could benifit from following faster riders with out coming up against slower riders.
Most insightful Jimbo. I think I have decided on my own mind I want to give it a go and see. Currently I know I am top end of Inters (even at Oulton) moving up to fast gives me the opportunity to latch on to people that are the same speed or a bit quicker to watch lines and where they pull away from me so I can try and improve and have less zooming through the traffic as I get in Inters. Let’s see how I get on.