TT 2021 CANCELLED

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

TT 2021 CANCELLED

Post by MellowYellow »

Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
bambam
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jon

Re: TT 2021 CANCELLED

Post by bambam »

I guess the Diamond races set to go ahead on the Isle of Wight will get cancelled now.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

bambam wrote: Nov 30th, '20, 14:16 I guess the Diamond races set to go ahead on the Isle of Wight will get cancelled now.
It's an interesting one, isn't it. Sports where a suitable risk management system can be out in place are allowed to resume. I guess they might be ok if no spectators are present ..... But that can't be controlled on a public circuit. Likewise, IoW is currently tier 1, so they mightn't be too keen on an invasion from higher risk groups ....
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
bambam
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jon

Post by bambam »

Also the fact it is a new event so sponsorship will need to be found which at the moment could be a problem.
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

Not surprised takes a lot to organise if they are shut down in April/May again it would all go waste, was planning to go next year if it was on 🥺🥺🥺🥺
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Post by Tvrv37 »

I suspect cancelling the TT was largely for economic reasons. Quite simply it relies on massive crowds to be be a financial success, this will be the same at the IOW. No massive crowds then no event there's not any big time Sky/BT TV money for either.
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Post by Tvrv37 »

I suspect cancelling the TT was largely for economic reasons. Quite simply it relies on massive crowds to be be a financial success, this will be the same at the IOW. No massive crowds then no event there's not any big time Sky/BT TV money for either.
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,