Old school drag racing

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
Alan
Learner Driver
First Name: Alan

Old school drag racing

Post by Alan »

Couple of photos from the early 80s when I was drag racing. The bike was a Suzuki GS1000 running low 10s/high 9s in street class. Those were the days, love the smell of 100 octane aviation fuel and burning rubber in the morning
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Re: Old school drag racing

Post by ptolemyx »

Ooh I like that Alan :-bd
I got into straightlining on my B-King from RWYB in '09 to Straightliners championship. Stopped a couple of years ago when I realised I was a ten second rider on an eight second bike :mrgreen:
_L4C0037sharp2 web1600.jpg
burnout04web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Alan
Learner Driver
First Name: Alan

Re: Old school drag racing

Post by Alan »

Simon told me to post them, said you would like them. I stopped in 1984 when I lost my job and ran out of money. It was 25 years before I hit the drag strip again, when I went to Shakey for a RWB. I have to say that I still loved it, and my reaction times off the tree weren't too bad even at my advanced years. Such a shame they closed the strip as it was a nice ride up there for a days drag racing. The bike wasn't the best choice for quarter mile, it felt as tall as a bus and as short as a skateboard but I managed a 10.3 @ 143mph foot shifting, which on a stock bike shows you how far things have come