All change

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

All change

Post by MellowYellow »

Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Re: All change

Post by ptolemyx »

So that's one Yamaha that will get ridden no more than 5 laps then :mrgreen:
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

Cal's finished both races at the Red Bull Ring - the M1 is an easier bike to ride than the RC213. The big question will be how quickly Jake Dixon can get to grips with Frankie Morbidelli's "old" M1 and new-to-him Michelin tyres at Silverstone. Hopefully he won't try too hard and sling it. I gather that Xavi Vierge will be on the bike at Aragón, whether it's a real audition for a vacant seat on the SIC team next season is unknown, there's bound to be a bit of "we'll see how you get on", and rumours of Dovi talking to Yamaha once more....
In all honesty, neither Dixon nor Vierge have set Moto2 alight this season so neither of them can be described as having made a real claim for consideration for the MotoGP ride. If there are vacant Moto2 seats on Petronas bikes at Silverstone and Aragón I wouldn't be surprised to see McPhee and Darren Binder being given a ride on them - neither is in a championship battle this season so in advance of their rides vanishing at the end of the season it'd be good of the team to let them have a go on a vacant bike.
If I won the Euromillions jackpot I'd bankroll Rory Skinner for a few seasons of Moto2, he's the brightest prospect among UK riders at the moment...
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

I reckon Dovi will get the vacant SRT seat
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Scotty wrote: Aug 21st, '21, 14:28 Cal's finished both races at the Red Bull Ring - the M1 is an easier bike to ride than the RC213. The big question will be how quickly Jake Dixon can get to grips with Frankie Morbidelli's "old" M1 and new-to-him Michelin tyres at Silverstone. Hopefully he won't try too hard and sling it. I gather that Xavi Vierge will be on the bike at Aragón, whether it's a real audition for a vacant seat on the SIC team next season is unknown, there's bound to be a bit of "we'll see how you get on", and rumours of Dovi talking to Yamaha once more....
In all honesty, neither Dixon nor Vierge have set Moto2 alight this season so neither of them can be described as having made a real claim for consideration for the MotoGP ride. If there are vacant Moto2 seats on Petronas bikes at Silverstone and Aragón I wouldn't be surprised to see McPhee and Darren Binder being given a ride on them - neither is in a championship battle this season so in advance of their rides vanishing at the end of the season it'd be good of the team to let them have a go on a vacant bike.
If I won the Euromillions jackpot I'd bankroll Rory Skinner for a few seasons of Moto2, he's the brightest prospect among UK riders at the moment...
I agree with all the above Scotty - and if I won the Euromillions two weeks' running I'd buy out Wee McPhee's contract and pitch him in with young Rory. That'd be a decent UK team I reckon.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.