Best year in ages for MotoGP!

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
badgerKDD
Site Moderator
First Name: Badger

Best year in ages for MotoGP!

Post by badgerKDD »

Is it me or this so far the best season in a long time for MotoGP? Rossi and Lorenzo seperated by 1 point, Dani down but now back again and firing, Suzuki making a fantastic come back ( and kicking arse!!), Smith just coming out of his shell and taking it to the big boys, Marquez, Cal and remaining Honda's having a hard time, while Ducati are up and down like a Camborne girl's drawers :)) !

Then there's Moto 2 and 3. Danni Kent :D :D , leading the Moto3 championship and doing so with guile and maturity and Sam Lowes, top 3 position in his second year of Moto2 and regularly taking it to the top guys.

Best thing of all, at my work the office moved to our main workshop and now I can get wifi in my workshop ( previously an internet black hole ;) ) so combined with spending £100 + on a subscription to MotoGP online, I can now watch/ listen to all practice sessions, qualifying and even races ( if working weekends ) while I work and as they happen! No spoilers but yesterday's qualifying was brilliant!

Bring on the action today, though I'll probably have to watch it tonight due to family stuff today ;) .
Cut me in half and I'v got Suzuki written right through me!
Ride GSXR 750 WR ( 1994) .
Jamos
Learner Driver
First Name: James

Re: Best year in ages for MotoGP!

Post by Jamos »

I am loving it too! Not going to lie I freaked out on that last corner in Assen :80: . It is awesome with Marc struggling with the Honda, things have been freed up to be interesting again. I am rooting for Rossi would love to see him win again before he retires if the "old goat" ever decides to! Also the British riders are doing great fingers crossed Cal can make it stick this season and get himself a quicker bike, he deserves it.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Dailaughing »

Completely agree. Last year I was "watching" the races and fiddling with other stuff. This year I'm glued to the screen. Not quite so much last race but the ending made up for it.

If those Suzukis could sort that initial problem they seem to have (cold tyres?) we could see a podium if other things fall their way. Maniac Joe has calmed down a bit which is a shame but maybe he could surprise at the right track.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Yup got to agree as well. It is great to see the different manufactures in the battle. Last year was all about the Repsol Honda if you were not riding one you were unlikly to win. This year has seen Yamaha, Honda and Ducati consistently at the front. Being a through and through Suzuki boy I am over the moon with what they have achieved if only they could convert the qualifying pace through to race day they would be on the podium every weekend.

This year is new for me as now have access to BT sport so for the first year have got to find out about Moto 2 & Moto3. Danny Kent is just epic!!!! I am a big Lowes fan be it Alex or Sam so with Alex having a crap time (on a Suzuki :? :-\ ) in World Superbikes it is great to see Sam doing so well.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.